Author Topic: Raise Money for the WW&F While Shopping Online at Amazon (and other sites.)  (Read 14758 times)

John Kokas

• Museum Member
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
Peanuts it may be. But don't tell the Elephant that nothing is better than peanuts.

Seriously, I use it and although the contribution may be fractional, I doesn't cost me anything, I get the same prompt Amazon service, so what's the problem?
Moxie Bootlegger

Graham Buxton

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
Bob, here is a different way of looking at the AmazonSmile donation:

In 2019, there were  359 donors to the WW&F Annual Fund Drive (per the published newsletter), and doing the math shows that the AVERAGE donor contributed $292.   So the AmazonSmile contribution this year is likely going to total just a few dollars under the average 2019 Annual Fund donation.

(I didn't do the math for years after 2019.)

Graham

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
The amount donated every quarter seems to be going up. It may seem like peanuts, but the peanuts from this and the peanuts from paypal giving fund actually make up a good bit of free money we would otherwise be missing out on.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
There's an ancient parable about a landowner who entrusts his three servants three different amounts of money. The one who gets the least goes and hides it, whereas the other two invest the money wisely and receive a return. When the landowner finds out about the servant who did nothing with his money, the money is taken from servant, given to the wisest investor, and is left with none.

The WW&F has always been a thrifty organization; heck we still collect cans and bottles! We ensure that all donations received are used wisely and carefully.

Trust me, this has a major impact on our donors. They see that we leave no stone unturned when raising money, and that we use what we have with great care.

So while $250/yr may not seem like much, it is evidence of how we operate as an organization; and encourages others to give much, much more.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Graham Buxton

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
Re: Raise Money for the WW&F While Shopping Online at Amazon (and other sites.)
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2021, 01:43:05 PM »
Below is the Amazon Smile quarterly report received in my email  today:
This is the quarterly notification to inform you that AmazonSmile has made a charitable donation to the charity you’ve selected, Wiscasset Waterville & Farmington Railway Museum, in the amount of $64.26 as a result of qualifying purchases made by you and other customers who have selected this charity.

That is  close to a $5 increase from the previous quarter of $59.56.   :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 01:46:37 PM by Graham Buxton »
Graham