Author Topic: B&SR Books and photos  (Read 19604 times)

Duncan Mackiewicz

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
Re: B&SR Books and photos
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 03:00:48 PM »
I don't know if any of the B&SR aficionados have seen this book yet but it has a few nice station photos as well as some from the WW&F.  The book is entitled "New England Country Depots".  The photos for the most part are quite sharp and I'm wondering if they are "new" in that they haven't been in other 2 foot books or if they are previously published.  The book is a recent find so I haven't had much opportunity to do the research.  Perhaps if someone has already viewed the book they would be willing to share their thoughts.

Duncan

Glenn Christensen

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 09:23:39 AM »
Hi Duncan,

Yes, I have "New England Country Depots."  Its actually a pretty rare book.  My copy shows it was originally published in 1973 and I've seen it for sale in various places over the years for a lot more than the $4.95 that I paid for it.  If you can pick one up nowadays for anything less than $20, you're probably getting a pretty fair deal.

The back 10 or so pages are devoted to photos from the various N.G. lines in New England.  All the photos have been published elsewhere, but I have to agree that all the pictures are reproduced very clearly.

Basically if you like looking at well-reproduced photos of New England Country Depots (and I do), the book is well worth having.

Best Regards,
Glenn

Duncan Mackiewicz

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 10:11:16 AM »
Hi Glenn,

Like you, I enjoy the depot photos too.  And yes, the book is a bit more expensive now.  I just purchased my copy, also 1973 vintage, in good condition after viewing the copy of an associate.  There are 2 copies left on Amazon.com for between $75 & $110 plus shipping.  Thanks for the feedback Glenn.

Duncan

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 07:13:54 PM »
I also acquired one of these copies a few years ago. Only $29.99 at the time. Love those depots.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...