Author Topic: updated aerial images  (Read 2708 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
updated aerial images
« on: June 16, 2009, 09:48:23 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
updated aerial images has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

Bill Reidy wrote:
While at the museum this past Sunday and Monday, Ed Lecuyer mentioned he has seen updated aerial images for Maine, including Alna.  I just checked Yahoo maps and Mapquest tonight.  Mapquest (www.mapquest.com) has some very recent satellite images (within 18 months old, it appears).  The images show the cut right-of-way all the way to the top of the mountain.  Here is  http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Alna&state=ME&address=%5B165-363%5D+Cross+Rd&zipcode=04535&country=US&latitude=44.06255&longitude=-69.6292&geocode=STREET  Select "Aerial Image" and then zoom in on the right-of-way.

By comparison, Yahoo's images are ancient.  They show the right-of-way only cleared into Davis curve!

Bill

Stewart Rhine replied:
Bill,  Thanks for the post.  I enjoyed the 10 minute trip to Maine this morning.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum