Author Topic: WW&F Ry in the news  (Read 2589 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
WW&F Ry in the news
« on: June 16, 2009, 09:35:40 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
WW&F Ry in the news has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

Dave Buczkowski wrote:
All;
In the Travel section (New England section inside) of today's Boston Globe there is an article on ten railroads to visit in New England. our favorite railroad was listed as number two after the Mt. Washington Cog Railway. Jason was quoted. It's nice to see people (the press) taking notice of our operation.
Dave

Stephen Hussar replied:
Here's a link to the online version which includes a photo. Gonna have to get them bathrooms built for the crowds! 

http://www.boston.com/travel/explorene/specials/family/galleries/ride_the_rails?pg=3

Bill Reidy replied:
I haven't finished reading the Globe today, so this is a nice surprise.  I just turned to the Travel section and see this is the featured article in the Explore New England section.  Great stuff!

- Bill

Wayne Laepple replied:
This kind of publicity is invaluable.

And you're right, Steve -- if 10% of the people who saw this come to Sheepscot, we'll need those restrooms!

James Patten replied:
I'm surprised at the geographical spread they did in this article.  When we were approached, I figured they were looking more "north shore" than anywhere else.  Not that I consider Maine to be Boston's north shore.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum