Author Topic: Useful Stuff on eBay  (Read 105070 times)

Ken Fleming

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
Useful Stuff on eBay
« on: September 29, 2008, 05:07:02 PM »
I am starting this as a means of finding related "stuff" on eBay and not over bidding each other for the same items.  I have been bidding on track jacks and I don't want to drive up members also bidding.  Also this is a place to alert members as to whats out there currently on eBay.

Currently: Fairmont wheels, cast wheels, some axles, etc. at http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/rat

Track Jack: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290264036309

Spike Hammer: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270281014737
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 03:32:57 PM by Ed Lecuyer »

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Useful Stuff on eBay
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 07:05:49 PM »
Ken,
  I have been keeping a watchful eye on ebay and infact tonight purchased another short aluminum jack to donate. I found a Tall one in Penn, that they wouldn't ship so Wayne Laepple and I went in on it and he drove to get it. Only 75 miles or so from his house if memory serves correctly.
  I am watching that other little jack as well as a large one but they seem to go quite high. What I'd like to get is a couple more spud wrenches. I don't recall the size nuts we are using.I can never seem to find the proper size while at the museum. I plan to fix that.
Mike
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Ira Schreiber

• Museum Member
  • Dispatcher
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 02:14:16 PM »
Per WW&F management, we are holding offf any jack purchases until after the fall track building session.
The jacks will be be needed next spring for lifting and lining more than track construction in the fall. This will give us an opportunity to assess our needs.
Of course if someone purchases one on their own and donates it, I would imagine it would not be refused.

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 06:17:54 PM »
I have marked 9 Aluminum Jacks at the Museum. 3 short and 6 tall. I have purchased another short to even that out, and Wayne Laepple and myself purchased a tall one. This will give us atleast 11 aluminum Jacks and atleast 4 iron anchors (Steel Jacks).
  A lot of people have been buying the jacks on Ebay. This has been driving the price to near new cost. I have been very fortunate twice to get what I did for what I paid. Wayne and myself have less invested in 2 jacks than some have been paying for one. So I'll continue to view from the sidelines and dive in when I feel it is actually worth it.
Mike

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 06:23:28 PM »
One more thing, if anyone plans on bidding or buying an item for donation, please e-mail me. Prices are high enough, we don't need to compete with each other and make them higher.
Mike

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 06:26:52 PM »
Currently on eBay...ALNA, MAINE City Limit Sign - New!

That's not a real city limit sign... ???

Ken Fleming

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 07:44:51 PM »
James,

I don' sell'em, I just tell'em.  Having a lot of spare time, I search eBay for items related to W.W. & F. or useful items to our projects.  I also search the internet for everything from rail to tampers to construction equipment.

Ken

Ken Fleming

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 12:52:08 PM »
Seller has wrong railway name, however it could be an original WW&F lantern. Stamped on top "WW&F".

http://cgi.ebay.com/RR-LANTERN-WISCASSET-WOLWICH-FARMINGDALE-NEV-FIRED-/280644183594?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4157b2662a

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 03:11:07 PM »
The lantern is one of the Adlake short globe frames that the museum had made 12 years ago.  We used to sell them in the gift shop.  Each one has a shop struck ID number on the bottom.   I stamped the numbers 50 - 99 on the lanterns in Sheepscot Station using Harry's number stamps.

Stephen Hussar

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 07:11:11 AM »
Weird. It's like the original owner of the repro lantern died, and the seller bought it at an estate sale with no knowledge of what it is... located in Tampa, FL
Stewart, $120. seems like a good price...

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 08:06:21 AM »
Stephen,    It's not a bad price for a museum edition WW&F lantern.

Here's a bit of history on how the lantern project started.  Allan Fisher and I wanted to do a special fund raiser for the museum.  I asked him what he thought about having new kero lanterns made for the WW&F.  He approved so I contacted Adlake and got prices.  Allan put up the funds for 60 hand lanterns and I designed the railroad markings for the top.  A number of phone calls and faxes got things going and the order was filled in about 2 months.  When the cases of lanterns arrived Harry put them in his shed because Clarissa didn't want the boxes in the house.  Each case held 6 lanterns in their own small lantern box.  I took 4 lanterns at a time and struck the ID numbers on the base.   I marked each lantern box with the ID number and the color of the globe.  The lanterns went on sale in the Spring of 1999.  The tinned ones were priced at $100 each.  We sold lanterns with clear, red, amber and green globes.  Six lanterns were retained for museum use, one is a blue flag lantern.

There were 10 brass lanterns made at that time.  These were numbered 1 -10.   Harry was given #1 for his efforts in starting the museum.  Lantern #9 was saved for use with engine 9 and the rest were sold at $150.  They sold in one week.

Stewart
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:10:30 PM by Stewart Rhine »

Ken Fleming

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 04:11:54 PM »
A few W&Q and WW&F items currently on eBay.  Use "Keywords" to find.

1894 JACKSON & SHARP 46' RPO BAGGAGE EXPRESS Railroad On30 Kit-Basher Kit DFM12 -W&Q No.1

1894 JACKSON & SHARP W&Q B&ST 46' COACH Railroad On30 Kit-Basher Laser Kit DFM10- W&Q Nos, 2,3 & 4

1902 JACKSON & SHARP 36' COACH Model Railroad On30 Laser Wood Quik-Kit DFM05-WW&F No.5 "VASSALBORO"

1902 JACKSON & SHARP 36' SMOKING CAR Railroad On30 Laser Wood Quik-Kit DFM06-  WW&F No.6 "TACONNET"

SHEEPSCOT STATION O On30 Railroad Structure Kit GL3580

Maine Two Foot Plan Book HOn30 Sn2 On2 SR&RL WW&F NEW

BACKWOODS JCT DEPOT HO Railroad Structure Kit BT660, based on Wicasset Station

HOn30 Loco Handbook HOn3 Sn3 On30 Maine narrow gauge

Maine Railroad Stations in the Steam Era  -   An illustrated tour of scores of railroad stations, photographed in the era of steam travel. Covers Bangor and Aroostook; Belfast & Moosehead Lake; Boston and Maine (including York Harbor and Beach); Canadian Pacific; Grand Trunk; Maine Central; the Narrow-Gauge lines of Bridgton and Saco River; Kennebec Central; Monson; Sandy River & Rangleley Lakes: Wiscasset, Waterville & Farmington; as well as the Georges Valley short line.

Ken Fleming

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 06:07:14 PM »
Not useful, but interesting.

1901 1000 BOND for WISCASSET, WATERVILLE & FARMINGTON RAILROAD. MAINE NUMBER 121 @$49.99 and 44 hours left.   Item #380465772633

You are bidding on one $1,000.00 Bond for the WISCASSETT WATERVILLE AND FARMINGTON RAILROAD OF MAINE. It is cancelled as seen. Embossed seal is there, 1901. Principle Due July 1st 1931.

The first two years' (1902 & 1903) coupons are missing, cashed in I assume. Other than that it is complete.