Author Topic: WW&F Railway Museum Article  (Read 4835 times)

Bill Sample

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
WW&F Railway Museum Article
« on: April 03, 2009, 06:48:45 AM »
Had a surprise when I opened up the latest (May) "Hemmings Motor News" to find a one page story on the current WW&F.  Hemmings, a well respected monthly publication concerning antique motor vehicles, has recently expanded their content from their mainly classified ad base.  And even more recently, a "Wings, Rails and Keels" article has occasionally appeared dealing with other antique forms of transport, and it was our turn.
Our recent addition, the Ford AA, was featured along with 309, 10, Stewart and an engineer I couldn't identify, up at Alna Center.
I'm sure the article will generate a few more visits to the WW&F. 
As I seem to remember a past article on a vintage hi-rail type vehicle, I'm sure we could get something done on the upcoming Model T when it is ready.

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Trainmaster
    • View Profile
Re: WW&F Railway Museum Article
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 08:27:46 AM »
Bill,  Thanks for the heads up on this.  I didn't know about the article.   Steve H. brought his May 2009 copy of Hemmings to Sheepscot for the track weekend.  The photos are from the 2008 annual picnic when we staged freight runbys at AC.  The engineman is Dana.  The photo at the top of the page is beautiful with with an arch of steam coming from 10's whistle as she approached the Averill Road crossing.  Hemmings goes to about 250,000 people so the issue gives the WW&F some good press to people in the automobile preservation world.

Stewart

Keith Taylor

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 09:28:31 AM »
There was also a short write up in the Nov. 2008 issue of The Diapason magazine. A magazine for organists and others interested in pipe organs. The write up was after the author visited the WW&F.
Keith

Stephen Hussar

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 04:53:13 AM »
The Hemmings article is now available on their web site...  http://www.hemmings.com/hmn/stories/2009/05/01/hmn_feature23.html