Author Topic: Website pictures & info needed  (Read 2453 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Website pictures & info needed
« on: January 25, 2009, 08:46:00 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
Website pictures & info needed has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

James Patten wrote:
Hi all, your friendly webmaster would like some pictures and information for the website.  Please post here for all to see, and for me to download at my leisure.

First, I'd like pictures of the 4-wheel wooden workflats that were used in the "early days" of the railroad for ballasting.  These workflats were about 6 or 7 feet long, and were all wood except for the axles and wheels.

Secondly, Bruce I think you've sent this to me a couple of times, but I'd like construction/purchaser information on the Brookville (#51).

I'd also welcome a picture of the wooden four-wheel flat built by Russ St. John in 2000.

Lastly, a picture of the fire-fighting work flat.

Thanks all

Mike Fox replied:
James. I have the picture of the fire car. I'll look for it and post it for you right here.
Mike

Found it.

James Patten replied:
When was the handcar built?  Was it 2007 or 2006?  I need a picture of that too.

Mike Fox replied:
Here is the Handcar. I believe it was completed on 2006. Johnathan St. Mary made those covers for the equipment and we used it over the winter last year ('06-'07).
Mike

Stephen Hussar replied:
I really like the light in that picture, Mike -- very nice!

Mike Fox replied:
Stephen, It's called "sunrise". Something I just noticed about the photo. Look at the end of the boxcar. The shadows are making a resemblance of a man. Ghost perhaps, standing on the handcar?
The only thing that spoiled that shot was the presence of the "Maine Roof" Dana put over the boxcar.
Mike

Stephen Hussar replied:
Stephen, It's called "sunrise".
Mike
oh, so that's what that is!  That must be why it appeared so foreign to me...
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum