Author Topic: Digging out on Friday  (Read 2427 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Digging out on Friday
« on: January 25, 2009, 08:31:43 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
Digging out on Friday has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

fjknight wrote:
Last Saturday the word was that we would start digging out from the latest storm at noon on Friday. Can anybody verify that time for me? I don't want to make the hour drive up there on Friday and find that the plans were changed.

Frank

Steve Zuppa replied:
Frank,
I plowed out Alna Center today. Fred and I are going to meet at the rr at 9 tomorrow. We'll have our plows in case they're needed. Also, I tramped a path through the field at A.C. Steve Akeley was concerned about the crusty snow on the horses' shins. If we know someone with a snowmobile that can beat down a path for us that would be great. If not, a few of us can do the circuit on foot in about 20 minutes.
Steve

fjknight replied:
Steve,

I can throw my snowshoes in the car. They do a decent job of packing down a trail. I have 18" to 19" of snow on the ground here in New Gloucester but I guess there was more rain in Alna.

Frank

Steve Zuppa replied:
That'd be great, Frank. See you tomorrow.

Mike Fox replied:
I'm bringing my snowblower Saturday morning just in case.
Mike

gordon cook replied:
I should be there between 1 and 2 PM.

Josh Botting replied:
A hardy bunch did do some snow removal.  The plowing with 52 started this afternoon.  The track was plowed as far as Sutters.  The line was not plowed earlier in the week, so there is 2 storms worth of snow on the line.  52 struggled with the snow.

A snow removal train will leave Sheepscott on Sat. morning at 0800 at the latest!

The last plan I heard was to double head with 52 and 10!  The additional power, and momentum will be required.

52 was left sitting in front of bay 4 when I left.

Mike,

you can bring that snowblower my way if you want to.....

Joe Fox replied:
Neat. It would be neat to see a double header, however, who is going to be the early birds in firing up the steam engine and getting it ready?

Joe
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum