Author Topic: Rail Road Trucks  (Read 2421 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Rail Road Trucks
« on: January 21, 2009, 10:32:24 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
Rail Road Trucks has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

Josh Botting wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find specs for spring constants, & or truck drawings for STD gauge Cargo Trucks......
I know STD gauge is bad, but you all are a great resource, and I need the Help.
thanks
jkb

Steve Klare replied:
Standard Gauge isn't bad!
It makes for nice pictures in Wiscasset, Farmington, Bridgton Junction and Monson Junction! (-a great background for the interesting stuff!)

Locomotive112 replied:
Does anyone know where I can find specs for spring constants, & or truck drawings for STD gauge Cargo Trucks...... I know STD gauge is bad, but you all are a great resource, and I need the Help.
Yes I can help, buy a CD of any of the early 20th century "Loco an Car Cyclopedias"  from a company called Raildriver  search for; ( Raildriver cyclopedias ) in Google and you'll get it first try.
I would buy the one that was just a few years prior to seeing your truck in question because sometimes the manufacturer ran and add showcasing it just before the railfans started taking photos of it.   I have most of the "Loco & Car Cyclopedias" so let me know exactly what you are looking for and I'll look it up for you to get you started.
David
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum