Author Topic: Portland Company Drawings  (Read 2783 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Portland Company Drawings
« on: January 21, 2009, 09:14:40 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
Portland Company Drawings has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

mfrancoeur wrote:
I see many references to the Portland Company drawings.
1) Has anyone compiled a list of the Portland Company Plans/Drawings available?
2) Do other plans exists besides the Portland company.
- Mike

Dave Crow replied:
Mike,
I believe someone, possibly the fellow that wrote some small paperback books about the Portland Company, compiled a list of the drawings available.  I seem to recall someone at WW&F, James maybe, tell me that each of the museums has a copy of this list.  When I asked to see the list last Fall, Jason had it with him due to the research needed to rebuild #9.
Some of the Jackson & Sharp/AC&F drawings still exist.  The Delaware State Archives has some photos from the J&S factory, including builders photos of passenger equipment #1, #3, #6, and #7.  I also found erecting drawings for #1, #5, and #6.  There is also a drawing for the J&S passenger trucks as used under most, if not all, of the Maine 2-foot equipment.
Hope this helps.
Dave Crow
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum