Author Topic: Two Foot Chronicles  (Read 2338 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Two Foot Chronicles
« on: January 21, 2009, 10:10:47 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
Two Foot Chronicles has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

ETSRRCo wrote:
I have an idea for a cartoon series kind of like the late Carl Fallberg's Fiddletown & Copperopolis only in two foot. I would call it the Two Foot Chronicles and if possible could be run in the news letter each time. Just one picture per news letter or if not I could just post them here. I would like the member's ideas for cartoons and if you think that this is a good idea. Its just a thought. Here is the pilot drawing for the series. Let me know what you think.
-Eric

Got Forney?

Joe Fox replied:
We can make a reall photo look like a cartoon right here on our computer. I will have to have my dad post a cartoon photo, so that you can see what I am talking about. Some, when done this way, look ok, but some don't look good at all.
Joe
p.s. nice cartoon.

Stephen Hussar replied:
Eric, nicely done! I'll be thinking about this and will email you if I come up with anything. (sometimes I wonder what it must be like to be able to draw like that...wow!)

Stewart Rhine replied:
Eric, Great idea and great drawing.   You could have a sketch with a little joke line like this.
You know you're a WW&F fan when ...
Your computer password is Sheepscot.
You take route 218 instead of 27 to be near the railroad.
You have dogs named Winslow and Albion.
You hear a sports score of 6 to 3 and you think, yep engine 6 was more powerful than number 3.
You reserve a table at your local eatery using the name "Forney"

MikeW replied:
...anything bigger than two feet is "wide gauge".

ETSRRCo replied:
Glade you all think this is a good idea. If you have ideas for cartoons PM me. I dont want to spoile the surpise for everyone else. I already have one and its a good one. Your name will be posted with the picture unless you wish it not be.
-Eric

Joe Fox replied:
To keep Steve Hussar's idea going on with the jokes,
...every time you here somebody say narrow gauge, you think of two foot gauge instead of the usual three foot gauge.
You know you work with two foot gauge to much, when you go to a standard gauge railroad and say, wow this equipment is extremely tall.
I have a sketch, that is nearing completion, of #9 and a few box cars. ANy body who wants to see it, I can either have my dad post it here on the forum, or show it at the museum.
Joe

pockets replied:
You may want to look to the old Birdwater & Raspberry cartoons for some inspiration.
Greg B.

Mike Fox replied:
Great looking drawing Eric. Some nifty one liners would work great with that. Looks like a lot have been suggested already. Hope to see them in the news letter.
Mike

ETSRRCo replied:
Here is issue #1. Idea from Mr. Knight. Can anyone guess where he got the idea from? Im sorry for the poor quality. It is not the best scan ever. Let me know what you think.
-Eric

Joe Fox replied:
Great cartoon. Looks kind of like Albee's feild.
Joe

ETSRRCo replied:

Real men run two footers.

James Patten replied:
IF the newsletter editor decided to run the cartoon in the newsletter, it would have to be in black and white.  How do your drawings look once translated to that?
Newsletter space is at a premium, so I would caution that it's unlikely that there's room.

ETSRRCo replied:
They dont look that bad. If it was going into the newsletter I wouldnt color it. Just black marker. If there isnt any room in the news letter I can just keep posting them here. They wont come as quickly as they have been. Maybe two a month.
-Eric

Joe Fox replied:
What's the guy in the tree doing? Nice job with the #7.
Joe

tomc replied:
He is shooting a sling shot.  Not sure at what.
Tom C.

ETSRRCo replied:
Like I said before its a bad scan of it. The last man in the lining crew has just had his hat knocked off his head by the kid in the tree.
Moderator, WW&F Forum