Author Topic: 218 Closed due to flooding, 1/2 mile north of Sheepscot Road  (Read 2391 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
218 Closed due to flooding, 1/2 mile north of Sheepscot Road
« on: January 21, 2009, 10:06:34 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
218 Closed due to flooding, 1/2 mile north of Sheepscot Road has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

mfrancoeur wrote:
Just got this off the MDOT 511 system:
Alna. Rte 218 about 1/2 mile north of the Sheepscot Road is closed due to flooding.

Josh Botting replied:
Many roads around here are flooded out.
Mine, was flooded, in 2 places, needless to say thats why I have a truck,  not flooded bad though.
And today I learned that a line can still deliver power with a tree on it.

Joe Fox replied:
Many roads around here are also being closed due to flooding. Yesterday they said 118 had a lot of water going across it before the Norway town line, and that it might need to be closed. Hopefully the rain is done now, because the roads are very crappy now. Many side roads have been closed, along with other roads. If 218 is closed, than that would have to mean that 197 would be closed also. Looks like it could be a longer ride to the museum for now. If 218 is closed south of Cross Rd, then it would make for a long ride for us. Probably extend our travel time to 2hrs 30min. Talk to you guys later.
Joe

mfrancoeur replied:
Here is the link to the MDOT 511 web site for the list of closed roads that MDOT knows of.
http://www.511maine.com/default.asp?display=all&area=ME_statewide&textOnly=False&date=

Mike Fox replied:
Thanks for the link. Could prove to be interesting trying to find your way around for a few days.
Mike

Joe Fox replied:
For us, here in Waterford, it could be very interesting trying to get to the museum this weekend. Me and dad can't make it this weekend any way. Hopefully the roads reopen within the next couple of days. Talk to you guys later.
Joe
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum