Author Topic: AOL users have trouble posting  (Read 2399 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
AOL users have trouble posting
« on: January 11, 2009, 11:56:26 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
AOL users have trouble posting has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

Stephen Hussar wrote:
I can't believe this worked (being able to post I mean) -jason
I've noticed an occasional glitch when trying to post here while using AOL, where it simply will not let me post -- it says "invalid session" or something to that effect. But if I log in using Internet Explorer it works fine.

Bill Sample replied:
Thanks for the info Jason, now I know!
Stephen H, I have had the same trouble that you have had on occasion while using AOL.
(Just took me three attempts to get this posted)

Ira Schreiber replied:
You may as well add my 2 cents as I have had the same issues with AOL.
Sounds like we can form a sub group of AOL users to share our compalints.
Ira

Steve Zuppa replied:
I sometimes have the same result with Netscape but hitting submit a second time usually works.
Steve

gordon cook replied:
I had some trouble posting a while back . I use Firefox (it's the rebel in me) but I tried Explorer and I don't think that worked.  I wasn't able to post to other sites either, as I recall. I'm not on AOL or anything like that, just the usual local cable monopoly. I was getting these indecipherable 'Server Error blah blah' messages.
Stephen Hussar suggested cleaning out my various cookies, cache, etc, but I don't know if that helped.
Anyway, I think I reloaded my browser and that fixed it, but I'm still not sure what was going on.
Gosh Darn Microsoft! and you can quote me!
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum