Author Topic: Daylight Savings  (Read 3056 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Daylight Savings
« on: January 11, 2009, 10:55:48 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
Daylight Savings has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

Mike Fox wrote:
Daylight savings started a week ago. When ids the Forum going to catch up??

James Patten replied:
Probably around the beginning of April.
I, as moderator, am not too concerned about it.

Mike Fox replied:
I, as a member, was just taking notice. 

gordon cook replied:
Course the fun part is that it's 7 PM, the sun is out, and the snow is glistening on the ground! How natural and lovely.

Josh Botting replied:
Gordon,
I dissagree, it was just starting to be light when I head into work in the morning.  Now it is pitch dark......  and soon it will be light out when I want to be sleeping....

Joe Fox replied:
The time changes suck. I think that the times should be kept the same all year around. I don't mean that there shouldn't be any mountain time, eastern time, so on and so forth, because that is obviously needed due to the earth being round. When it comes time to set the clocks back an hour, I usually leave all of my digital clocks set at the same time all year, and just remember that they are an hour ahead. How lazy is that?
Joe

dwight winkley replied:
Joe Your wrist watch while your on duty at WW&F had better be set to Eastern Daylight Saving Time
dwight

John McNamara replied:
Dwight, no wrist watch for Joe. He uses a pocket watch in good old railroad fashion

Joe Fox replied:
Ok. Usually my pocket watches are the only things that I set to time. I set those, and my battery operated clocks, and that is it. Talk to you guys later.
Joe

Bill Sample replied:
I don't mind the extra daylight in the pm as our outside work is usually dictated by daylight.  Down here we seem to get more work done as we work later (especially track work), then when it's time for supper the usual restaurant we go to is far less crowded.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum