Author Topic: First SIGN of spring  (Read 2912 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
First SIGN of spring
« on: January 11, 2009, 10:53:50 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
First SIGN of spring has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

Mike Fox wrote:
They're Back.

Stephen Hussar replied:
That's great Mike, thanks!  I must admit I was expecting crocuses!!!

James Patten replied:
Too late.  Got an unsigned bump just down the road from my house.

BM1455 replied:
...problem is that it no longer feels like spring here.  Try stepping away from your computers and going out side!

Ira Schreiber replied:
60* here today and the same for the next seven days. Springtime in the Rockies. Helped to melt the last of the 65" of snow we had.
BTW.
BUMP= Build Up Material in Pavement
DIP=Depression In Pavement

Mike Fox replied:
6-16 in this area on Tuesday. With a wind chill. Guess I'll throw another log on the fire while I browse the forum then. The last blast before the eventual warm-up.

Joe Fox replied:
It is near, and unfortunatley so are the never ending bumps in the road.
Joe

Bill Sample replied:
Bump season has arrived.  Must be that mud and black flies are just around the corner....

Josh Botting replied:
When I left the yard, it was 4, and the wind is insane here right now, the we still have power though.....

Joe Fox replied:
The high in Waterford was 1.5, not counting the wind chill. Extremely cold. Below a certain temperature thermometers ought to say, to cold to get out of bed, or leave the house. And on really hot days, the themometer ought to read, to hot to go to work. Ha Ha
Joe

Ira Schreiber replied:
Gee, Joe,
It was only 60* today and cloudly.
The snow, what there is of it, is going fast.
On the other hand, the mountains just west of me about 50 miles have over 10' of snow and all ski slopes and runs are open.
It is great track laying weather, here.
Ira
If God wanted me to ski, my feet would be six feet long!!
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum