Author Topic: Steaming down south (Pennsy)  (Read 2329 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Steaming down south (Pennsy)
« on: January 11, 2009, 11:49:51 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
Steaming down south (Pennsy) has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

ETSRRCo wrote:
Well yesterday we ran a Carl Franz photo freight at the New Hope & Ivyland. The 40 preformed beautifully and fired like a dream. We had real good coal. A good time was had by all. The train consisted of our 1925 Baldwin 2-8-0 #40, seven vintage freight cars, three passenger cars and a GP30. A friend of mine caught me with his camera while I was trackside. We had a crossing that was iced over and I had been clearing it. Now I was waiting for the runby to finish so I could get back in the cab. This was the last day of operation for the 40 till April.
-Eric (from New Jersey)

Joe Fox replied:
Do cars cross that crossing? I know it sounds like a stupid question, but the path beside the track seems verry narrow, and the crossing seems to have a sharp turn on it.

ETSRRCo replied:
The crossing you see in the photo probable hasn't been used since the Reading days. There is a privet crossing up the tracks where some water had run down the hill and into the flang way and froze. That's what I was clearing. it was a nice break from shoveling coal. 
-Eric

ETSRRCo replied:
Mr. Fusco has a video from the event of anyone is interested. This guy is amazing with his video skills. Keep in mind he is only 15. http://media.putfile.com/NHI-Photo-Freight-2007
-Eric

Joe Fox replied:
Nice video Eric.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum