Author Topic: Yet Another Track Day: Friday August 8  (Read 1953 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Yet Another Track Day: Friday August 8
« on: January 11, 2009, 11:12:08 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
Yet Another Track Day: Friday August 8 has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

James Patten wrote:
Given the relative success of the last two Friday track work days, I'm planning for another one on Friday August 8, the day before the picnic.  This time I am going to concentrate on Davis Grade.
The day before the picnic has usually been one where #10 is steamed up and run for a charter, then run for evening trains.  Not so this year.  We don't have the charter, so we may as well save on the coal.
I won't have (or shouldn't have) the family committments that made me quit early on July 4, so I plan to leave around 7:30 and work until 4 or so.  Board meeting is 4:30 so that's my cutoff time.
I know lots of people usually arrive a few days before the picnic, so if you're interested in helping let me know.

Dana Deering replied:
I hope we can keep this going.  We have had two very productive Friday track work sessions so far.  On 7/11 we surfaced 510 feet of track from the south switch at AC to "Trask Cut".  Then on Saturday we tackled the Ladder and a couple of sags along Albee's Field.  Once trains started running we fixed the Bay 2 lead track.  Good work done by all!

Stewart Rhine replied:
James,  I plan to be at Sheepscot starting on Weds, 8/6 so I will help.

Dave Buczkowski replied:
James,
Since I'll be in the area on vacation I plan to be there early on the 8th. I can't let Stewart have all the fun. See you then.
Dave
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum