Author Topic: 2007 Victorian Christmas Trains  (Read 2185 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
2007 Victorian Christmas Trains
« on: January 11, 2009, 10:54:22 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
2007 Victorian Christmas Trains has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

Josh Botting wrote:
For all of you getting ready for the Christmas trains, the final tally here in Woolwich is 9" of white powder.  Well, last night at 1700 was 8.5, and about 3" over night, which supriseingly enough gave a total of 8" in the morning, and with the snow all day a final setteled total of 9".  Hopefully it will stick around.

Mike Fox replied:
Well, according to the old Farmers Almanac, this was expected. the dates of the 12th - 15th have a significant snow storm, with accumulations expected as far south as Virginia. So not only will we have a white Christmas, we will also have a white Victorian Christmas.
Mike

ekmissal replied:
Has anybody created a broadside to advertise the Victorian Christmas? I was looking for something to put up at work. I was going to create one if not. Can someone provide a list of things going on that I could put onto it.
Erik

Mike Fox replied:
There is a flyer floating around. Maybe someone could send you a pdf to print off yourself.
Mike

ekmissal replied:
Thanks,
If someone could do that, it would be great.
Erik

John McNamara replied:
A word of caution: The flyer presently floating around says that the trains run  until 6 pm. It will probably be more like 4 pm, as that is when the horses go home and also when Santa is likely to conclude his visit.

Stewart Rhine replied:
John,  Will there be Christmas light displays out on the line as in past years?  In the past we run a few trains after dark for visitors to see the displays at Humason Brook and Alna Center.  Are Fred and Bob C. setting up lights again this year?

Mike Fox replied:
Yesterday Bob C. and Dave O. decorated the station at Sheepscot. Nothing has been done North yet.
Mike

Josh Botting replied:
If we indeed do get out at 5ish, last year a bunch of us went to Sarah's for food and stuff, any one interested this year?
I think most of us had fun last year.....
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum