Author Topic: 2007 Picnic Train Schedule  (Read 2792 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
2007 Picnic Train Schedule
« on: January 11, 2009, 09:46:32 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
2007 Picnic Train Schedule has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

James Patten wrote:
Here are the trains that will be operating during the Annual Picnic.
Friday Aug 10
We have a charter some time during the day.  After the charter we'll run until 5 PM or as necessary.
Saturday Aug 11
9:30 X52 Northbound Passenger special to drop people off along the line
Trains 1&2 will be a freight with no runbys.
Trains 3&4 will be a mixed with no runbys.
Approx. 11:30 X52 Passenger special will return to Sheepscot.
Trains 5-10 will be straight passenger trains.
Approx 2:30 X52 Northbound Passenger special
Trains 11-14 will be a mixed with no runbys.
Approx 4:30 X52 Passenger special will return to Sheepscot.
There will be two evening trains, being organized by Steve Hussar.
Sunday Aug 12
9:30 X52 Northbound Passenger special to drop people off along the line
Trains 1&2 will be a freight with no runbys.
Trains 3&4 will be a mixed with no runbys.
Approx 11:30 X52 Passenger special will return to Sheepscot.
Train 5-14 will be straight passenger trains.
The schedule could be tweaked as the time gets closer.

James Patten replied:
Not that I had a whole lot to do with the execution, but what did everyone think of the Picnic?
How did the night photography go?

Mike Fox replied:
I think the poles for the flats worked well. Really made them look used. Now if we only knew someone with a lumbermill that could produce a load of rough lumber, we could have a loaded freight consist. Think of how nice that would look.
Mike

Stephen Hussar replied:
Thank Steve Z who did all of the cutting and hatchet work! Some of the poles were over 8 feet tall until it was pointed out by the roadmaster that a little-known rule from 1911 made anything over 7 feet non-compliant! So Steve went back to work and trimmed the offending posts down to "legal" height! 

Stephen Hussar replied:
A better view from first thing Saturday morning -- with the "doghouse" beginning to take shape.

Mike Fox replied:
That's a great looking photo Steve. Looks like it came right out of the twenties. Or did you finally master that time machine. Looks almost like a model railroad.
Mike

Joe Fox replied:
Wow, great photos Steve. That shot, could almost be a color image from Sheepscot, back in the 20's. The first picture looks like a train setting off a car on one of the many sidings on the original railroad. You sure did a good job Steve, and the others involved in operations and what not, in getting thing set up for some excellent pictures.
Joe

Stewart Rhine replied:
Nice photos Steve.  What a great looking freight.  I was thinking about you guys this weekend, hoping things were going well.  I sent a pack of new Train Order/Form 19's.  Did they arrive in time?  Hey, how about posting some night photo session pics??  I'd like to know how that went.

James Patten replied:
New Form 19s arrived in the nick of time, I think on Saturday morning.

Joe Fox replied:
Just think, in a few years, we can run an all original mixed train consisting of #9, flatcar 118, boxcar 309, and coach 3.
Joe

Josh Botting replied:
If there is enough intrest, someone should contact hunt lumber, and see if we could borrow enough rough sawn hemlock for a car load.

ekmissal replied:
Was Leon? able to bring the Model T railcar? Does anyone have photos of it?
Erik

John McNamara replied:
Was Leon? able to bring the Model T railcar? Does anyone have photos of it?
Erik
Erik,
Try http://photos.nerail.org/show/?order=byrail&page=2&key=WW%26F
-John

Joe Fox replied:
Dave Olszewski took a photo of it. It is on NERAIl. It looks great. However, I was not able to see the car, because it wasn't there on Sunday. Here is a link to that picture.
http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo=2007081118430113684.jpg&order=byrail&page=2&key=WW%26F
Joe

Joe Fox replied:
John, I didn't see your post. You must have beet me to it by a second or so. I would have posted sooner, however, the TV had my attention, as well as trying to find the photo.
Joe
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum