Author Topic: Victorian Christmas Pictures  (Read 2041 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Victorian Christmas Pictures
« on: January 11, 2009, 10:43:35 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
Victorian Christmas Pictures has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

Stephen Hussar wrote:
These are just a few of Dave Olszewski's wonderful images of the Victorian Christmas event. Thanks, Dave!
Over 30 more of Dave's Victorian Christmas images can be found at: http://photos.nerail.org/show/?byrail:1:WW&F

Bill Reidy replied:
I hope Bob gets what he wants for Christmas.
Thanks Steve and Dave for the photos.
Bill

Dave Olszewski replied:
Hi Everyone,
Thank to Steve for asking me for photos. I tried to do it long time but I can't do it.
What is Gordon Cook's email address? His email address is not in  my mail lists.
I just learned how to take photos at night. I bought digital camera last Jan or Feb.
Talk to you later.
Dave

Dave Olszewski replied:
These are just a few of Dave Olszewski's wonderful images of the Victorian Christmas event. Thanks, Dave!
Over 30 more of Dave's Victorian Christmas images can be found at: http://photos.nerail.org/show/?byrail:1:WW&F
/i]
The engine will look better if they put light strings all over the cab. I hope they will do it next year. Dave

Dave Buczkowski replied:
Dave;
Nice photos especially of Bob an dSanta. Keep the coming!
Dave

Dave Olszewski replied:
Dave;
Nice photos especially of Bob an dSanta. Keep the coming!
Dave
Hello David,
Your big welcome. I glad to hear from you again. I will still bring camera and take pictures of trains and etc. Talk to you later.
Dave

Joe Fox replied:
There have been emails going around, about the crew and operating things from Victorian Christmas. Some things that I noticed, is that passnegers were confused as to what side of the train to get off on at Alna Center, so you could ask them to get off on the other side of the train, and they look at you like your an idiot, and they continue to go any way, even with the engine coming South, to hook on the other end of the train. The train crew was standing around talking, and trying to maintain 100 feet of space isn't exactly easy to do. When the train stopped, people continued to go around the back end of the train, after I had them stop getting off the platforms they went around the back of the caboose. That is why you see me on the fourth photo down, at the back of the caboose, to stop the passengers from continuing to go across the tracks. We need more crowd control people for major events in my opinion.
Joe

Dave Olszewski replied:
Hello Joe,
Yes, I noticed passengers got confused which side do they get off. They tried to across the track when they run engine around at Alna Center. It will be better if the train stop at siding and let passengers get off on one side that face  carriage stop area so engine can run around the train on main track instead of siding. See photo at bottom.
Dave

Josh Botting replied:
I have finished posting my Victorian Christmas pictures to NERail, http://photos.nerail.org/show/?byrail:1:WW&F
If anyone wants full res. copies of any pictures, let me know and I can email them to you.

Dave Olszewski replied:
I have finished posting my Victorian Christmas pictures to NERail, http://photos.nerail.org/show/?byrail:1:WW&F
If anyone wants full res. copies of any pictures, let me know and I can email them to you.
Now Nerail Photo is very slow. Damn! I guess they need bigger system there.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum