Author Topic: Thankful and Happy Thanksgiving  (Read 1424 times)

Joe Fox

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
Thankful and Happy Thanksgiving
« on: November 23, 2022, 05:58:51 AM »
The amount of work and skill that we are fortunate and lucky to have at the railroad is truly amazing. Well done to all the volunteers who help make Harry’s dream possible, rather you can only help for 10 minutes a year, or several hundred hours a year. The talent, craftsmanship, and willingness to learn is inspirational.

And of course thank you to the generous donors who help fund the dreams and future.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the members and family at the WW&F.

I am proud to have my roots tied to such an amazing organization.

Dave Buczkowski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
Re: Thankful and Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 08:26:02 PM »
While I am thankful for all of our members, I am especially thankful to those that are at Sheepscot during the week and on Saturdays. We would absolutely not be the museum we are without their dedication. I could not do my job without all those who step up day in and day out. I won’t name them because to a person they would tell us that it’s not them that should get credit but others. They would also be embarrassed at the attention. That is the secret and power of the WW&F. Thank you to all of you and Happy Thanksgiving!
Dave

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 06:42:55 AM »
When you friendly welcame me to WW&F five years ago I didn't know how much happiness you all would bring me. I'm really proud to be -a little- part of such an.  amazing adventure. Be sure I'll go on doing my utmost to support the WW&F and all its unstinting dedicated volunteers whose I admire everyday the fabulous achievements they make with an utter sense of organization and an off the charts skillfulness in every field.
I wish the members and  family of the WW&F Happy Thanksgiving.

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 06:49:54 AM »
I'm quite thankful for all of our very generous members, donors, and visitors. 

Oddly enough, I'm thankful for the pandemic, in that it made us rethink our mode of operations.  We've emerged from it stronger than we went into it, which isn't something many museums can say.

Wayne Laepple

• Museum Member
  • Yardmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2022, 07:03:21 AM »
Hear! Hear! James, Alain, Dave and Joe

And a wonderful Thanksgiving to all.

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2022, 11:32:53 AM »
I'm quite thankful for all of our very generous members, donors, and visitors. 

Oddly enough, I'm thankful for the pandemic, in that it made us rethink our mode of operations.  We've emerged from it stronger than we went into it, which isn't something many museums can say.
As you say every cloud has a silver lining.

Pete "Cosmo" Barrington

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2022, 09:34:03 PM »
Today, I am thankful that I had the good sense to buy my life membership when I did!
That said, there's a LOT behind that one simple sentence. Just thinking back on the years since then and all we have accomplished together is beyond my ability to textualize.
From it's humblest beginnings that I witnessed back in '95' to it's current +3 mile state, I have seen the whole truly become greater than the sum of it's parts.
There's so much more to our railroad, the organization, the family, and the experience, than the mere collection of objects that make up it's physical plant. So much more!
Our hard work and dedication has produced a glimpse into a time and a way of life that we are able to share with the public insuring future generations the same window to the past we have now come to enjoy.
As one who can trace my ancestry straight back to Plymouth Rock, I am truly thankful for the chance to be a part of this New England tradition.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Dave Buczkowski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2022, 08:33:43 PM »
Cosmo,
One of your relatives is a rock? I’ll just leave this right here…
Dave

John McNamara

• Operating Volunteers
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2022, 09:24:19 PM »
Pete has a more than natural fear of men with chisels.
-John M

Pete "Cosmo" Barrington

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2022, 01:10:57 AM »
Well, my dad was always keen on informing me that "Petros" is Greek for "ROCK,"... so there's that.  ;)