Author Topic: December 2021 Work Reports  (Read 10381 times)

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
Re: December 2021 Work Reports
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2021, 09:26:12 PM »
Equipment repair will also be Tuesday, as Steve notified me of a deficiency in the loader.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2021, 06:22:10 PM »
Tuesday was light on volunteers. Brian W., Steve Leet, Bryce, Linda and myself. Brian was shoveling the ramp and stairs around the house when I showed up. I used Dave Allens dozer and plowed the parking lots and what I could around the shop.

After Jason arrived, we hatched a plan. Steve had come all that way and wanted to stay until atleast mid-afternoon to make the most of his trip. He, Jason and Bryce headed to the shop to work on the pedestals for stall 1 of the Engine House.

Brian and I worked on the loader then our dozer. We got all the bottom rolls off as well as the spring and top roll bracket from the right side. We broke one bolt, and I found a crack in one spot, so we started removing the framework for that with the torque power of Bryce. One bolt to go. Going to need heat.

Over in the shop, Jason had set up all pedestals for quick welding. So quick, I did not get a shot of them. End of the day..

I was helping Jason with the new wire feed, making some adjustments, and Jason was testing it out. I think to say he likes the wire feed is an understatement. A much needed tool.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 06:24:24 PM by Mike Fox »
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Benjamin Richards

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2021, 07:56:42 PM »
Quote from: Mike Fox
the torque power of Bryce.

This is a standard unit, of course. Has our Bryce been recently calibrated?

Bill Reidy

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
  • Life member. Ack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2021, 06:14:27 PM »
Made a flying visit yesterday morning to Sheepscot and was glad to talk with Eric Schade, Ron Ginger, Randy Beach, Jonathan St. Mary, Fred Morse, Jason Lamontagne and Linda Zollers.  Eric and Ron, along with another gentleman who arrived later and whose name I did not catch, were looking at coach No. 9's metal roof.  I understand the roof is nearly done, and once done the car will be moved on shop trucks from shop bay 2 to bay 4.  Both coach No. 9 and B&SR boxcar No. 56 look sharp, along with the completed engine house pedestals.
What–me worry?