Author Topic: August 2021 Work Reports  (Read 16044 times)

Bill Baskerville

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
Re: August 2021 Work Reports
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2021, 11:13:01 AM »
I thought the phone line was buried on the East side of the track in this stretch. Mike?
I think our chief ding-a-ling has a photo of my using the mag phone line at a post which was on the west side of the track more or less about 30 or 40 yards north of the bridge.  I don't know if that was a temporary location or that the line was routed from the East side of the tracks on the south side of the bridge to the west side of the tracks on north side of the bridge so it would be on the same side of the tracks as the future Trout Brook Station.
~ B2 ~ Wascally Wabbit & Gofer ~

Bill Reidy

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
  • Life member. Ack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2021, 12:50:00 PM »
The phone post north of the bridge, made famous by Conductor Bill Baskerville in the January/February 2021 WW&F Newsletter, is along the trail, about 6 to 8 feet from the fence.  I assume it will need to be moved or abandoned/hidden.
What–me worry?

Stephen Lennox

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2021, 01:44:34 PM »
John, when we put in the posts we looked for the buried line as best we could, I don't think we hit it, but we certainly gave it consideration.

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2021, 02:01:21 PM »
The phone line crossed to the west side North of the bridge, to be on the same side as the station. Someone will need to check it for operation, though the line itself is mostly in waterline there, and has red caution tape above. Leaves the box at about a 35 degree angle until it gets to the center of the roadbed.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Brian Whitney

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2021, 04:25:17 PM »
After installing the fence posts it seems logical to me that the phone connection could be mounted on one of the fence posts on the track side, which would keep it on the west side and also make it easier to get to from the track. That way there would be minimal movement of the line.

Bob Holmes

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2021, 06:04:43 PM »
I was up there yesterday.  The east side of the trail up to the new crossing still needs lots of work as it's mostly in drainage terrain.  Stay tuned.