Author Topic: Spring Work Weekend 2022 (or not?)  (Read 510 times)

Russ Nelson

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
Spring Work Weekend 2022 (or not?)
« on: December 12, 2021, 05:28:01 PM »
I'm hoping that there will be a work weekend in the spring next year. It was nice to come and do a bit of work with a few people. There were friends I missed seeing, though.

If it's the last full weekend in April, then it's the 22nd to the 24th. If it's the last weekend that begins in April, then it's the 29th, 30th, and May 1st.

There will always be a COVID variant, just like there are always flu variants. Get vaccinated (no, it's not perfectly safe, so use your judgment if you're young), take Vitamin D (at least 5000 IU in the summer, 8-10K IU in winter), and you'll be as fine as anybody can be. If you're really worried, stay outdoors -- the risk there is minimal.

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
Re: Spring Work Weekend 2022 (or not?)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 07:12:53 PM »
SWW is the weekend prior to the Annual Meeting, which is the first Saturday of May. 

At last night's meeting, we decided to plan on having it, with the caveat that we reserve the right to cancel as it gets closer, based on current events.

Personally, I'm being pessimistic and thinking it's not going to happen - Maine's having it's highest numbers of infections and hospitalizations since the beginning of the pandemic.  I'm hoping that I'm wrong about the need to cancel.

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2021, 01:26:51 PM »
 Same out here. A few months ago I believed we begun to see daylight but Mike  Fox said in a reply we are not out of the woods and he was right. In French we say out of the inn, Unfortunately out of the woods or of the inn everybody on earth is still in trouble for sure  and for long I'm afraid. We'll learn to make do with. Keep safe and healthy you guys.

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 07:18:17 PM »
And our guys have done very well making do with the current conditions. Adapt and overcome..
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 02:18:19 PM »
Wise words Mike.