Author Topic: Who Am I? or, Let's Introduce Ourselves  (Read 198311 times)

Dave Buczkowski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
Re: Who Am I? or, Let's Introduce Ourselves
« Reply #195 on: January 20, 2021, 10:36:33 PM »
Welcome David. Hope to see you venture up to Sheepscot when COVID-19 breaks. Meanwhile you’ll find a lot of folks here who can answer your questions.
Dave

Phil Moberg, Jr.

• Engine Wiper
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 02, 2021, 03:27:18 PM »
Phil from South Windsor, here. I've been riding trains since before my first birthday, initially out of Portland, where my father was stationed on one of the Coast Guard's weather ships. My fascination with the two-footers dates back to the RMC article on Edaville, back around '67. I've been intermittently involved in railroad preservation dating back to the now largely-forgotten New Orleans Railroad Museum, followed by the Valley Railroad and CVRM, as well as some time at different trolley museums. All this was punctuated by about three and a half decades as a transportation planner, and later as a policy analyst at the state level.

Thanks kindly for giving me the opportunity to participate in this forum. Your group has raised the bar in so many respects, and it is delightful to be able to follow it.

Keith Taylor

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 02, 2021, 03:32:30 PM »
Phil from South Windsor, here.

Connecticut?

Phil Moberg, Jr.

• Engine Wiper
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 02, 2021, 05:31:21 PM »

Bob Holmes

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 02, 2021, 07:02:34 PM »
Come join us in person as soon as the travel restrictions are relaxed!

Phil Moberg, Jr.

• Engine Wiper
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 12, 2021, 03:24:37 PM »
Thanks kindly, Bob. I'm really looking forward to it.

Dante Lakin

• Museum Member
  • Gandy Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2021, 08:50:50 PM »
Hello. I'm Dante from Sanford, Maine here. I've been a member since June 2020, and have volunteered a couple of times, too. I'm looking forward to volunteering more often this operating season.

I also do 3D modeling in Blender as my main hobby, I mostly do British locos, but have attempted some 2-footers as well from time to time.

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #202 on: May 13, 2021, 07:19:55 PM »
A "cut and paste" a received from new member and volunteer Steve Leet:

Let me introduce myself.
Steve Leet Andover MA
I am anything but proficient on a computer - but I am very good at swearing at it when it refuses to do what I want it to (my incompetence).

I am a 67 year old semi retired skilled laborer. I became a member in March of this year # M2023 sent in for a life membership a few weeks ago as well as donating to the build 11 fund.  My check has cleared but haven't rec'd a new card.

Back when I was married I had a basement full of trains, been a train nut all my life, remember Edaville railroad in the 60's with nearly annual visits until about 1990. Again while married my in laws had a place on Damariscotta Lake - Jefferson and my basement railroad was the Maine Coastal - Wiscasset to Rockland.

I was employed by Walpole Woodworkers / Walpole Outdoors a 'high end fence co' where I installed fencing and backyard structures (prefab small buildings, pergolas, arbors, pavilions ...). After 47 years with them I had to retire due to medical issues (complete removal of my stomach & esophagus) but I returned to work this winter when they couldn't find somebody who didn't mind working outside in the cold and will continue working on an 'on call' basis as they need me.

I have been a revolutionary war reenactor for the past 29 years but with the hobby closed down due to covid I needed to find something new to do with my time. I was a costumed interpreter at Minuteman National Historic Park for the past 11 years volunteering almost 400 hours per year. I portray a British Engineering officer and present American history thru the eyes of an Englishman/British officer. I can be rather provoking in my scarlet uniform! In my reenacting years I participated in reenactments/encampments from Williamsburg VA to Quebec City. So I guess their loss is your gain, and we will just have to wait and see what the future holds.

I started volunteering at the Head tide hair cut, followed by the tie and dine, and the level the mountain and emailed you earlier today about weekday volunteer opportunities.

I am planning on being in Alna on the 22nd for the next tie and dine and hope to make some weekday visits in the near future.

I have zero computer patience and with a full page of instructions from the forum page figured I'd introduce myself to you and if you choose you can cut and paste and post (which is beyond my capability - I can do emails forced into that with reenacting)

Respectfully
Steve Leet
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Andrea Peters

• Hobo
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 07, 2021, 11:18:59 AM »
Welcome aboard to all new!
I'm also new here, just searched you at google.
Glad to join your community! :)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 11:33:58 AM by Andrea Peters »

Bob Holmes

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 07, 2021, 06:17:39 PM »
Tell us a little about yourself.

Are you close enough to come enjoy the railroad, and maybe even volunteer??

Bob

Eugene Blood

• Museum Member
  • Hobo
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 04, 2022, 11:31:05 AM »
hello to All:
MY name is Gene Blood and I will be coming up on the weekend of Oct 7-10 to get some work done. Ay present I am in Norton, Ma. formally Philadelphia , home to the Flyers. In years past I was involved in the Penna-Reading Seashore Line Historical Society. I was involved in running train shows and working the table at different shows when Greenburg was around. The line ran from Philly down the Jersey shore , Atlantic City, Wildwood and Cape May. My parents owned a house in North Wildwood and the train was one of the ways we got back and forth.
Happy to be aboard.          Gene     aka Gino

Tyler Hohl

• Hobo
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 19, 2023, 03:36:30 PM »
Hi everybody! My name is Tyler Hohl and I love the WW&F so much that I am building a model of the railroad in present day. The first time I went here was just this Saturday but I had such an amazing time that I will definitely consider volunteering.

Bill Baskerville

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 19, 2023, 09:08:40 PM »
Welcome Tyler,
I am glad to have you as a fan of our railroad and looking forward to meeting you on volunteer days.
Bill 
~ B2 ~ Wascally Wabbit & Gofer ~

Jeff Schumaker

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 20, 2023, 09:42:53 AM »
Welcome aboard, Tyler.

Jeff
Hey Rocky, watch me pull a moose trout out of my hat.

Dave Buczkowski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 20, 2023, 06:09:24 PM »
Welcome aboard Tyler! Were you the young man that just had a birthday and was so knowledgeable about the WW&F that I checked in along with your mother Saturday? You’ll learn a lot more from the good folks on the Forum.
Dave