Author Topic: News From Wiscasset Woods Lodge - Lodging for 2021 is available!  (Read 323 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Thanks to John Kokas for passing on this newsletter from our friends at Wiscasset Woods Lodge regarding their 2021 bookings.
https://mailchi.mp/41bfe96abd32/cabin-fever?e=da0e634ffa

They remain a popular choice for our guests and volunteers.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Re: News From Wiscasset Woods Lodge - Lodging for 2021 is available!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 06:28:44 PM »
Wiscasset Woods Lodge is renting rooms by the week until their official opening on May 27th.
$400 or $450 per week - with no breakfast or servicing.

With the travel restrictions partially relaxed, we can (finally) accommodate our out-of-state guests. (Note that crew sizes are still affected by the state limitations; mask use and social distancing requirements remain in effect.)
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Bob Holmes

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 08:31:57 PM »
I thought the new owners -- who invested a LOT into making it a desirable destination -- had thrown in the towel due to COVID. 

If they have managed to endure, this will be come a prime destination for visiting volunteers in the months and years to come.

Can anyone confirm?

Bob

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 08:43:52 PM »
My understanding is that Wiscasset Woods Lodge remains for sale. They stayed open throughout the winter/COVID season with weekly rentals. They have been heavily promoting their re-opening in May via social media and email.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

John Kokas

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 09:13:21 PM »
Ed is correct, the "Woods" remains for sale.  Saundra and Eric are getting close to retirement and would ideally like to have someone local take over.  I know that several Museum members either presently or have been employed by them.

Although I could never condone a museum takeover or funding, I would encourage local members to inquire and possibly band together to make the purchase.  I foresee it as a win-win if it could happen.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 09:15:34 PM by John Kokas »
Moxie Bootlegger