Author Topic: East Broad Top Feb. 20  (Read 2766 times)

Wayne Laepple

• Museum Member
  • Yardmaster
    • View Profile
East Broad Top Feb. 20
« on: February 20, 2021, 09:28:01 PM »
On February 20, the East Broad Top Railroad operated a reprise of the original Winter Spectacular, which took place on Feb. 26, 1966. That first event featured gas-electric car M-1, a combine and caboose. It was such a success that in 1967, it was repeated with steam power in addition to the M-1, and the Spectaculars continued until 1981.

This year, in addition to M-1, motorcar M-3 was providing short tours around the EBT yard. Here is passes GE diesel M-7 and a caboose, standing by in case M-1 had any problems.

Wayne Laepple

• Museum Member
  • Yardmaster
    • View Profile
Re: East Broad Top Feb. 20
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 06:57:30 PM »
Next year with steam!

Ted Miles

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 02:54:47 PM »
I just became a member of the Friends of the East Broadtop Railroad. They publish a quarterly magazine and an email newsletter. The EBT Foundation is encouraging people to join the Friends. They are a very historic narrow gauge railroad!

Ted Miles, narrow gauge fan 

Bob Holmes

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 07:23:12 PM »
I too became a member after the announcement.  I recommend all WW&F members to join FEBT as well.  Their communications over the last several months have been fabulous, and their collaboration with the EBT Foundation has already produced remarkable results.

Bob

Allan Fisher

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 08:04:20 PM »
I have been a life member of FEBT for many years. Back in the days, a FEBT group (including Lee Rainey)  used to come up and help with our work weekends. Many are members of the WW&F also. Good group - and I know the backers of the railroad - this renaissance should become quite a success story.
Allan Fisher

Bill Baskerville

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 09:13:53 PM »
I became a member when the change of ownership took place.  They have a great newsletter.  If you haven't been able to tour the round house, or more impressive, the machine shop, try and make a trip there.
~ B2 ~ Wascally Wabbit & Gofer ~

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2021, 07:06:43 AM »
I'm looking forward to the return of multiple steam locomotives to service at the EBT.

One of my most memorable trips involved the EBT.  In 2000, John M, Bob C and I traveled to Colorado and took in (almost) all the narrow gauges.  On the way back we stopped in Pennsylvania and took in one day of the Fall Spectacular.  During it, I was standing at the crossing by the Orbisonia station and two trains crossed at once, both blowing for the crossing at the same time. It was a steam nirvana.  It's the only place out of all the places we went that trip that I encountered that.