Author Topic: Lerro Photography Charter on the WW&F >>>Photo Album<<<  (Read 2881 times)

Kevin Madore

• Museum Member
  • Brakeman
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
    • My Flicker Albums
Lerro Photography Charter on the WW&F >>>Photo Album<<<
« on: February 02, 2021, 09:19:34 PM »
On the weekend of January 16-17, 2021, Lerro Photography of Glenolden, PA held a limited attendance photo charter at the Wiscasset, Waterville & Farmington Railway Museum in Alna, Maine. Although there have been some photo charters around the US in the last 9 months, they have been few and far between due to major concerns about COVID 19 and some significant travel restrictions as a result. Never the less, with some careful planning, abundant precautions, mandatory testing, a smaller than normal group of photographers....and some significant weather challenges, the WW&F Museum and the Lerro Team were able to pull off a really nice 2-day event in the woods of Maine. The charter featured authentic freight and mixed trains, pulled by WW&F Locomotive #9, and running on most of the museum's in-service track. Day 1 featured some very difficult weather conditions, that included a cold, wind-driven rain pretty much all day. Despite the weather, we managed to get most of the scenes that we planned. Day 2 featured a lot of clouds, but some sun, and much more comfortable conditions for photography. As an added attraction, Monson Locomotive #3 joined in on the show and we had 2 steam trains to work with, both led by historic Maine 2-Footers.

Special thanks are due to Ed Lecuyer and Brendan Barry for their efforts to help coordinate this event, and of course, to the train crews who volunteered to come out and make it all happen, despite the tough conditions on Saturday. 

For those who would like to see how it all turned out, I've created a Flickr Photo Album featuring some of my favorite scenes. Check it out when you have a few minutes!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/112261457@N06/albums/72157718127341006

Thanks for looking!

/Kevin Madore

Wayne Laepple

• Museum Member
  • Yardmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Lerro Photography Charter on the WW&F >>>Photo Album<<<
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 09:29:19 PM »
Very nice, Kevin. You got some real keepers there.

Dave Buczkowski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 10:15:12 PM »
Nice photos Kevin. It was also nice to see you again at Sheepscot.
Dave

Jeff Schumaker

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 10:57:34 AM »
There are some great shots there, Kevin.

Jeff S.
Hey Rocky, watch me pull a moose trout out of my hat.

Bob Springs

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 11:39:40 AM »
Love your work, Kevin.

Bob Holmes

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 07:13:53 PM »
Gorgeous!  We are lucky to count you among our best supporters....

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2021, 12:55:40 PM »
Fabulous timeless photos but the colour of course. Thank you so much for sharing the link.

Pete "Cosmo" Barrington

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 12:50:35 AM »
Your work is top-notch as always, Kev! ;)

Graham Buxton

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 10:43:30 AM »
Kevin's photos are great!
And, well done captions.  8)

Another participant in the Lerro charter was Matthew Malkiewicz, and he has posted his photos to his Zenfolio album. I'm posting a link to a thread he started on the NGDF forum (which links to Matthew's photos)  as his NGDF thread comments on his WW&F Lerro photos are part of the story:
https://ngdiscussion.net/phorum/read.php?1,414418
Graham

Kevin Madore

• Museum Member
  • Brakeman
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
    • My Flicker Albums
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 01:41:24 PM »
Kevin's photos are great!
And, well done captions.  8)

Another participant in the Lerro charter was Matthew Malkiewicz, and he has posted his photos to his Zenfolio album. I'm posting a link to a thread he started on the NGDF forum (which links to Matthew's photos)  as his NGDF thread comments on his WW&F Lerro photos are part of the story:
https://ngdiscussion.net/phorum/read.php?1,414418

Hi Graham,

Thank you for the kind comments.   Although I know that many purists believe that a photo should speak for itself, I try to caption everything I post, because I know that among railroad enthusiasts, the history and the context are often just as important as the visuals.   I've also had the experience of looking an old, legacy photos of 19th century railroads that often leave me with far more questions than answers.   Assuming that any of my work survives when I fly west some day, I am hoping that my stuff won't leave future viewers feeling the same way.   :)

/Kevin Madore