Author Topic: Danville Junction  (Read 6788 times)

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
Danville Junction
« on: August 25, 2008, 05:04:03 PM »
For those interested, I had learned about a month ago that Danville Juntion would be changing. No more diamond. The crew member from St. Lawrence and Atlantic told me the tracks would swing from the mainline and roughly parallel MEC/Guilford/PanAm toward where the diamond is. Also the Station road will be closed. Read the following article in Mondays Sun Journal for more info. Get your photos now before it is too late. And maybe unrelated, but an Eastbound SLR Railtrain went through South Paris this afternoon about 3:30. All those rails, probably 1/4 mile long each, looked like they might be a handfull to wrestle them at the museum. Now if we could only find welded 60# rail someone wants to part with.
http://www.sunjournal.com/story/279987-3/LewistonAuburn/Railroad_deal_to_speed_train_lines/
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
Re: Danville Junction
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 06:10:08 PM »
And maybe unrelated, but an Eastbound SLR Railtrain went through South Paris this afternoon about 3:30. All those rails, probably 1/4 mile long each, looked like they might be a handfull to wrestle them at the museum.

We'd need more flatcars.

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Danville Junction
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 07:22:19 PM »
I stopped at the Junction this morning and talked with a foreman I know. He said they dropped 2 lengths of the rail at the junction for use in the reconstruction. The rest was sent West to Vermont for use there.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...