Author Topic: Waynesburg & Western 3-foot gauge  (Read 5819 times)

Allan Fisher

• Museum Member
  • Brakeman
    • View Profile
Waynesburg & Western 3-foot gauge
« on: December 29, 2008, 04:19:51 AM »
The Museum Store has a like new copy of Three Feet on the Panhandle - Waynesburg & Western for sale for $90 including shipping. Contact me privately if you want it shipped now. Check it out on the net and you will find this is a great deal for members of the Forum only.
Allan Fisher

Pete "Cosmo" Barrington

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: Waynesburg & Western 3-foot gauge
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 04:09:15 PM »
Now that you mention it (museum's books for sale,) I think there's a SERIOUS need for an updated listing of what books the museum has in stock and the asking price!
I never seem to have enough time to go digging through the stack whenever I make it up there these days.
Doubly so now that the inventory seems to have grown a bit in the last year or so.  ;)

(Perhaps a new thread? HINT-HINT!) :D

Allan Fisher

• Museum Member
  • Brakeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 06:13:58 PM »
All the New books offered at the Museum Store are listed in the Museum Store portion of the WW&F Website. Single copies of used books are offered at the Museum store in Alna at heavy discounts to our members and friends. Because these are mostly one of a kind, and the price floats with the lowest price on the internet (minus a 30-40% discount) it is part of the fun of a visit to our store.

The books mentioned on the forum for sale are located at my California home and I am trying to save shipping costs to Maine.
I have quite a good selection of used Maine Two Foot books here that I have procured from the Western Railroad Museum Archives and if you will privately email me your wants, I will be glad to sell and ship them from here. Maybe a Two Feet to Tidewater, or a Ride the Sandy River?
Allan Fisher

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 08:20:28 PM »
I am in the process of trying to complete the update of the Museum Store. When done, it will have a picture of the book or other item for sale you are looking at.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Phil Raynes

• Gandy Dancer
    • View Profile
Re: Waynesburg & WASHINGTON!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 09:08:05 PM »
Hi Folks,

A minor correction: it is the "Waynesburg & WASHINGTON", as it travelled between those two namesake cities.  It is an excellent book, as I have a copy myself (autographed by both authors!), and have helped work on both the W&W #4, and the track at the museum that it ran on for a few years.  Nice little loco, with restored and working vacuum brakes!

Phil
Phil