Author Topic: Museum Supporter is also in need  (Read 3126 times)

John Kokas

• Museum Member
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
Museum Supporter is also in need
« on: May 01, 2020, 03:45:37 PM »
Received a note from our friends at Wiscasset Woods Lodge and they will remain closed through July now.  I also received a separate e-mail from an acquaintance that the Lodge is near it's breaking point with loss of income now being extended.  A fellow Lodge friend and I believe WW&F member has started a go fund me page for the Lodge.  For those loyal WWF members who always seem to be at the Lodge every SWW and FWW - please donate if you can.   Thanx

John & Chris Kokas

Here's the link:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-the-wiscasset-woods-lodge
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 07:13:45 PM by John Kokas »
Moxie Bootlegger

Pete "Cosmo" Barrington

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: Museum Supporter is also in need
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 08:19:07 PM »
Done!

Bill Baskerville

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 09:48:35 PM »
Also Done!
~ B2 ~ Wascally Wabbit & Gofer ~

Hunt Dowse

• Museum Member
  • Flagman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 05:28:47 AM »
Also done.  I hope all of us who stay at the Lodge during SWW and FWW can help them out. 

John Kokas

• Museum Member
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 03:11:50 PM »
A quick thanks from Saundra & Eric to John M, Alvin M, Peter B, Bill B, John W, Terri B, Hunt D, and other anonymous donors.  For those other regulars keep the donations coming, you are making a difference.
Moxie Bootlegger

Al Michelis

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 05:43:32 PM »
I was very happy to donate to this worthy cause.  When my wife and I visited Maine in 2002 this was where we stayed.  Yes, I know it was under a previous owner, but it was still very nice, clean, and comfortable.  We had planned to continue on to Acadia and stay there, but this place and the surrounding area charmed us, so we made this our base.  I knew then that this was the area where I wanted to retire.  This business is important to Wiscasset and the surrounding area.  Its loss would be a tragedy and in the coming business climate, it would probably stand empty for a few years.  Even if you don't stay here, a donation would be a great help.

John Kokas

• Museum Member
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 11:58:28 AM »
7/2/20 Update:

Wiscasset Woods Lodge will remain closed to the general public for the rest of the year per Saundra.  Those who had reservations for FWW are receiving refunds and open invites to make new reservations at Cod Cove.  Additionally, there is no truth to the rumor that the Lodge is up for sale -  Saundra and Eric have structured housing for a couple of local industries and that is tiding them over for this year.
Moxie Bootlegger