Author Topic: Steam and Saws  (Read 8648 times)

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
Steam and Saws
« on: January 08, 2019, 10:27:51 PM »
Our clever marketing team has thought of this catchy slogan. So, let's promote it here also. Here is a link to the posting.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2171068673154962/?ti=as

January 19th. Steam and Saws. And maybe Steaming Saws of we work hard enough. Cut some trees. Burn some brush. Enjoy the day.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

John Kokas

• Museum Member
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
Re: Steam and Saws
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 10:52:40 PM »
Very catchy - nicely done!  Hope you get a fabulous turnout.
Moxie Bootlegger

Gary Kraske

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 01:30:47 AM »
Thanks Mike et al,  wish I could be there!

Joe Fox

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 07:46:05 AM »
Does this mean Steam and Sleighs is cancelled? I noticed this on facebook as well, and fear people attending might be confused.

Bob Holmes

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 08:12:56 AM »
Steam, Sleighs and Saws??

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 08:15:52 AM »
Does this mean Steam and Sleighs is cancelled? I noticed this on facebook as well, and fear people attending might be confused.

No, they are two separate events running concurrently. Each has different ad demographics.

I think this is as clear as can be made possible on Facebook. If anyone has any specific suggestions on how this can be clarified, please contact me (or Steve P) directly.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Bob Holmes

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 09:36:28 PM »
Yes, I see what we're doing...two different but simultaneous events that appeal to two different audiences.  Clever!  Looks really good on FB...

Stephen Piwowarski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 12:20:22 AM »
This works to develop our brand identity too. Trains take you to places. There is one thing happening at Alna Center while something entirely different will be happening at Top of Mountain. Ride the train to whichever you'd like, or, if you make a day of it, ride the train to both of them.

That being said- let the work begin! I think we are on target to have a fine day next Saturday for everything that has been planned and a great volunteer turnout will be a boon to the work that needs to get done. Plus, its always more fun with a good-sized group to keep things flowing and the heavy work light. Wouldn't it be something if come spring we will have all our cutting and burning done?!

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 11:14:55 AM »
Steam and Saws February edition is coming up. This Saturday..

This is what to expect.

We will be working around the end of track. There are several trees along the newly laid track that need to go. The plan is to cut the trees, drag the brush north to a couple of burn piles, chunk up the wood and bring the flat car down to load the wood. The wood will stay on the flat car for delivery to Sheepscot.

The trees immediately along the track will be a priority, and if we have enough people can break into groups like we did last time. This area has lots of soft wood, which burns quickly but also produces lots of sparks. So expect burn holes in your clothing.

This area, being so dense, will look entirely different when we are done. Please come and enjoy the day. Listen to Freds play by play commetary. Bring something to toast on the fire.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...