Author Topic: Reviews, Thank You's, and Messages of Encouragement  (Read 38521 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Re: Reviews, Thank You's, and Messages of Encouragement
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2021, 07:25:18 PM »
to:  info@wwfry.org
subj: A Hidden Gem!

Wow! What a beautiful day it turned out to be. We visited for the first time today, with our 4 month old and 9 year old daughter.
[...]
I just wanted to extend a heartfelt thank you for a day that we will remember forever.

Everyone was so delightful. It was well organized, meticulously clean and just a general breath of fresh air. We look forward to the release of the winter dates for the Christmastime rides.

Thank you all, for all that you do! We had such a wonderful time today.

The Salamone-Graves Family
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2022, 10:53:12 AM »
Wanted to thank you and the railway staff so very much for a great adventure creating an amazing memory for the family Saturday for the ice cream ride! Stage 4 cancer and other medical concerns were all put aside while the group lived in the moment and enjoyed the train ride, while reminiscing and sharing stories from youth about train rides. The family in the caboose ranged in age from 4-81 rode but became as youth again embracing the good and fun ride you provided, thank you again!

Follow up:
I wanted to write and thank you again for the memory our family will truly cherish. Linda passed away 4 months to the day the family rode together in the caboose. What a great time we all had and one of her very happy moments with all her grand kids.
Hoping we can come back to ride again some day in her memory.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2022, 08:30:42 PM »
Some messages we've received following 2/5/22's Steam and Sleighs to SeaLyon Farm....

Thank you so much my husband and I had a wonderful time today. It was cold but worth it.

Such a great time riding the train and having 3 sleigh rides. And the food was good too!

What to do when you have a family of train lovers?

Ride a historic narrow gauge railroad. Yes, even in February when 18 degrees is the high.🤪🥶

It was cold and there was some crying by the littles, but s’mores, hot cocoa, mac ‘n cheese, a huge bonfire 🔥, goats, horse-drawn sleigh & tractor rides made for a fun afternoon!

Thanks to all the wonderful volunteers @wwfrailway & @sealyonfarm for a fun outdoor afternoon!
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2022, 01:29:02 PM »
It was a wonderful day, a Christmas gift redeemed for my husband who totally enjoyed the day as well.  Thank you for the tour and blessings in all your endeavors. 
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2022, 04:38:50 PM »
Thanks for a wonderful experience...and here's my Facebook story for your records: https://www.facebook.com/melissalaynethornton
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2022, 11:34:54 AM »
Flawless "Steam and Sleighs" experience! Thank you so much to everyone who made this such a great event. We just showed up and everything went without a hitch. Loved it!
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Wayne Laepple

• Museum Member
  • Yardmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2022, 12:40:41 PM »
We need to use some of these endorsements in our advertising. Like "Flawless steam experience!"  "It was a wonderful day." "Delightful..well-organized...meticulously clean..."

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2022, 01:55:57 PM »
We need to use some of these endorsements in our advertising.

We do.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2022, 03:24:57 PM »
...everything went without a hitch.

They must not have ridden behind the horses then.  ;D

Stephen Piwowarski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2022, 11:40:06 PM »
From Diane B. via Tripadvisor:

"Felt like the Dr. Zhivago movie

Feb 2022
Read about this in the newspaper and went prepared for the cold and snowy, muddy conditions with boots. The ticketing was easy. The staff answered our questions and were very friendly. Learning about the trains and the ride, seeing the beautiful Percheron horses, the tasty and reasonable food all served with smiles, the bon fire, the sleigh ride, were all so enjoyable. All of the volunteers and staff have done such a good job in preserving history and the interest in trains."

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2022, 07:11:28 PM »
The 12:00 run was an excellent adventure. I loved seeing the railyard people doing their jobs -- inspecting the engine, shaking the grates, switching the tracks, turning the turntable, trying to get the caboose coupled on, and making the freight delivery, and the at-speed run-by was great. The staff was superb and kind and informative. The beautiful weather was a nice touch too.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2022, 07:27:11 PM »
Some recent reviews...

We had a wonderful time with my parents and daughter at the WW&F Railway Museum! We booked a ticket on the train (1hr RT) which was the perfect amount of time for a 3 year old! We got there early- all the staff/volunteers were so nice and told us all sorts of details about the history and restoration projects. We will be back for some of their special trips!

My husband and I along with our best friends took the Lavender picking with dinner by sunset trip and it was best time we ever had! The people were friendly and the train was authentic. It was like stepping back to another time.....the clang of the bell, the shrill whistle as we came to a crossing, and the rocking and rolling along the track smacks of nostalgia. We rebooked to go on one of the pumpkin picking rides this fall and we just can't wait!

This place is insanely cool! We rode the train with our busy toddler and grandparents - all had a fabulous time. The ride was super fun, beautiful, and really interesting history. Staff were really nice and great with little kids. Looking forward to our next visit!

We have a lovely ride. A unique day out. I would highly recommend. Very, very nice people there.

Excellent place to visit for Railroad enthusiasts. The staff is volunteer and it's apparent that they love what they're doing. Each one we spoke to took time to answer our questions about their collection of narrow guage railroad engines and cars as well as their history. The work shops were open to us as well. The relaxing train ride through beautiful woods was the highlight for my husband. Our conductor facilitated a very special opportunity for him. We had a wonderful time. It's safe to say that my husband will never forget the experience.

Great experience! It's terrific to see have a long term effort by dedicated volunteers pays off. Fun day on the train.

Top notch volunteers
The volunteers really make the experience! Everyone was very friendly and knowledgeable. They told us to explore- it was a museum without the glass. I am glad we took the kids on this really unique experience.. we are looking forward to going back!

Authentic 1892 Steam Engine Train Experience
It is wonderful to see and experience the dedication and passion the people at the Wiscasset - Quebec narrow- gauge railway have for the brilliant work they do. I’ve taken several such excursions on vintage trains from the Victorian era and I can say without reservation that this was one of the most amazing crew I’ve ever had the pleasure to meet.

This place is fantastic!!!
(L. Zollers, Wiscasset)

In the spirit of that last review, feel free to add your own at:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g29478-d1055301-Reviews-Wiscasset_Waterville_Farmington_Railway_Museum-Alna_Maine.html
https://www.yelp.com/biz/w-w-and-f-railway-museum-alna
https://www.facebook.com/WWFRailway/reviews/
https://g.page/r/CZ8bOUf5D-aZEAI/review

Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2022, 07:31:05 PM »
And for the "Instagram" crowd, check this out:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CgGJvMuDWA6/
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2022, 08:21:36 PM »
Just wanted to circle back with you to offer another congratulations for a very, very successful event yesterday.  Thank you very, very much for inviting me to participate on behalf of the Town of Alna.  The WW&F is an absolute treasure in the community, and this was a really remarkable milestone for the organization and the town.

Best,
-Ed Pentaleri
1st Selectman, Town of Alna
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Bill Sample

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2022, 01:32:59 PM »
It is so nice to have a First Selectman who "gets it" - it was a real pleasure to hear what Ed Pentaleri had to say.