Author Topic: June 2018 Work Planning  (Read 28848 times)

Bill Baskerville

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
Re: June 2018 Work Planning
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2018, 08:33:58 PM »
a peek into bay 2 of the shop building revealed work is well underway on the first of two temporary steel spans that will be used to support the placement of the historic Moose Brook bridge later this year.

Wow, that 'temporary span' (one of two) could be the bridge except for it's lack of historic accuracy.
~ B2 ~ Wascally Wabbit & Gofer ~

Jeff Schumaker

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2018, 09:01:44 AM »
Quite a bit going on yesterday, I see.

Jeff S.
Hey Rocky, watch me pull a moose trout out of my hat.

Alan Downey

• Museum Member
  • Baggageman
    • View Profile
    • Preservation Pattern
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2018, 02:55:05 PM »
I'll be working on a couple different things at the same time tomorrow, but shop setup will be happening. As most  have noticed, we have been putting our new vertical mill in service, and refurbishing our horizontal mill. All of our other machines need TLC, and  I will be continuing to spearhead that effort over the coming weeks. If you are looking for something to do, or wish to get more familiar machine tools- come and find me- I have plenty of tasks that need interested people.
Head of Jason Bothering Department
Shop Foreman

Bill Baskerville

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2018, 06:18:37 PM »
If you are looking for something to do, or wish to get more familiar machine tools- come and find me- I have plenty of tasks that need interested people.

Alan,  I will be there in three weeks for three weeks and generally follow Jason's lead for tasks.  If there are still things to be accomplished, perhaps I may be released from track duties for shop work.  I do know he has some tasks on 52 that he wants me to work on.  Of course I have my annual weed attack to accomplish so the track looks a little more 'well used' by the annual picnic.

See all y'all soon,

Bill
~ B2 ~ Wascally Wabbit & Gofer ~

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2018, 04:51:25 PM »
Work done on Saturday June 30:

Quite warm and humid today (I hesitate to say hot, as it will definitely be hot tomorrow)

* Mountain Extension: Mike finished ditching and culverting between the bridge and 218.  He mentioned that our contractor has been delivering material to The Slide on the Mountain.
* Machine shop: Linc has been getting the machines fettled.  Today they got the Kearney going, then drained it and refilled it with oil.  Alan was running a crew of Bryce and others, looked like they were oiling, cleaning, and investigating Coach 3 brake issues.  The crane rail arrived yesterday for putting a crane in Bay 3 (and I think 1 as well).
* Bridge: Zack was working on getting ties/timbers in, first for the long pieces which will be dropped to move the work site, then for others.  I don't think he got far.  Meanwhile Brendan and Alan were welding on the steel temporary bridge girders. 
* Boxcar 309: The north truck has been pulled for a couple of weeks to work on correcting the bent truck frame.  Eric S has been overseeing it (I think) and today finished with attaching a stiffener in each corner of the truck frame. 
* Visitors: we had a two visitors from the UK who came via Ffestiniog Travel and stayed the day.  Meanwhile I played tour guide for them and several other groups today.
* Wood: Early in the day Fred cut up a load of softwood at the 218 worksite and delivered it up the road.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 07:55:36 PM by James Patten »

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2018, 07:08:07 PM »
I did not finish ditching.. One more ditch to dig. Wood was in the way so instead of handling it all, I worked someplace else. We have had 16 loads of gravel delivered so far. I am ready for a couple more.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...