Author Topic: Lombard Log Hauler Boiler Inspection  (Read 4351 times)

Terry Harper

• Baggageman
    • View Profile
Lombard Log Hauler Boiler Inspection
« on: May 07, 2018, 06:31:25 PM »
Last week at the Maine Forest & Logging museum the Lombard log hauler boiler underwent its
annual inspection. Everything is fine and we are ready for the new season!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4I8Jkg2RZo&t=5s

Here is a video from last years "Living History Day's" event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XQqpfVhWPY&t=11s

Best regards,

Terry

John Kokas

• Museum Member
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
Re: Lombard Log Hauler Boiler Inspection
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 06:59:54 PM »
Maybe sometime in the future when the sawmill is built and operational, a wintertime gathering could be arranged at TOM as a special event starring the Lombard, Sawmill, and Railroad.
Moxie Bootlegger

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 08:40:15 PM »
WW&F shirt at 7:46.. Many shots of Terry also..great video.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Terry Harper

• Baggageman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 09:19:33 PM »
Thanks Mike, Herb Crosby takes the credit for the video's I try not to get on film but he's everywhere! (LOL)

Maybe sometime in the future when the sawmill is built and operational, a wintertime gathering could be arranged at TOM as a special event starring the Lombard, Sawmill, and Railroad.

That would be neat. Moving the steamer over the road would be challenge. However, if we have the circa 1932 gas Lombard on hand (its currently a much welcomed and greatly appreciated guest that we are hoping will stay for a long, long time) that is quite a bit more portable. A few weeks ago we hitched-up the hand throttle. Friday after we finished work on the steamer we checked the strainer at the carb and flushed the line out from the pump (we had a issue with sediment coming from the tank) Now its running quite nice.

We had a mouse along for the ride and I convinced Herb to trust me not to run over his camera. We also talked Sherry - the museum's Director into
driving the beast. Other than a few minor things it too is already for the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAb3bTrqTTI

We also have a set of Lombard patent sled irons we hare hoping to turn into a set of sleds.

Mind you the turning radius for both machines is about 50 feet and they don't really like to reverse.

The days when we will be running the steamer are:
June 16 (Blackman Stream Alwife cross country run)
July 28 (Heavy metal)
October 6 & 7 (Living History Days)

All the above events are 10:00am to 4:00pm

Hope to see some of the WW&F crew and friends there!

Best regards,

Terry

John Kokas

• Museum Member
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 09:25:19 AM »
Terry,

After viewing your videos I have to come visit your operation.  I hope our BOD and planners will take full advantage of your organizations expertise when we are ready to design/construct our own sawmill and shingle mill.  And yes I'd love to see the '32 Lombard at TOM for a visit.
Moxie Bootlegger