Author Topic: WW&F to Sponsor All Former Amtrak Excursions  (Read 6092 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
WW&F to Sponsor All Former Amtrak Excursions
« on: March 31, 2018, 11:02:42 PM »
In response to Amtrak's stunning announcement that all excursions and historic rail operations would cease immediately, Maine's Wiscasset Waterville and Farmington Railway Museum is proud to announce that it will now sponsor mainline steam excursions and private varnish operations throughout the US.

The whole issue boiled down to liability insurance for the sponsoring organization. Leveraging the museum's priceless collection and extensive real-estate holdings (many individual lots lined like Morse Code between Wiscasset and Albion Maine) museum insurance guru Gordon Davis was able to easily negotiate a favorable rate, as well as satisfy the desires of all seven Class I railroads in North America.

"This is a great solution for steam enthusiasts everywhere" said WW&F CMO and Superintendent Jason Lamontagne. "I am looking forward to seeing modern streamliners such as N&W 611 and SP Daylight 4449 ply the rails once more."

Ironically, such locomotives will not be venturing to Maine as Pan Am Railways has declined to participate in the program at any price.

Meanwhile, the WW&F continues to modify its vacuum braking system for Positive Train Control. It is anticipated that PTC on the WW&F will be fully implemented by the December 31, 2018 federally-mandated deadline.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Bill Baskerville

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
Re: WW&F to Sponsor All Former Amtrak Excursions
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 11:10:26 PM »
Wowie dowie.... things are moving right along for the WW&F. 

Of coarse the WW&F is in the transportation business.

Soon we will connect those dots and then on to Quebec.
~ B2 ~ Wascally Wabbit & Gofer ~

Tom Casper

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
    • Sandy Ridge & Clear Lake Ry.
Re: WW&F to Sponsor All Former Amtrak Excursions
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 12:02:32 PM »
Bill, i like your thoughts!

Tom C.
Later:
tom_srclry_com