Author Topic: Annual Picnic 2006 Images  (Read 2206 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Annual Picnic 2006 Images
« on: December 18, 2008, 11:02:07 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
Annual Picnic 2006 Images has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

Stephen Hussar wrote:
Finally got around to editing a couple of forgotten images from this past summer's Annual Picnic. Friday August 11th it was decided to test No. 10's ability to pull every piece of operable rolling stock at the museum. The first image is actually a blend of 2 shots put together in order to create a panoramic of the whole train (even with my 18mm lens I could not get the whole thing in!) The second picture shows the full consist about to depart Alna Center for points south. Will No. 10 be able to handle this, plus open excursion car #103 next summer??? I recall a fair amount of slipping leaving Sheepscot -- whoops! Jason are you reading this?! 

Allan Fisher replied:
I believe Jason has already decided that five car trains will be the maximum allowed behind #10. So savor the picture - it may not happen again until #9 is under steam!

Joe Fox replied:
Nice photos Steve.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum