Author Topic: Biddeford station (defunct)  (Read 8760 times)

Ted Miles

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
Biddeford station (defunct)
« on: March 21, 2018, 12:55:41 PM »
The Biddeford Station project was a commercial development on Route One in Biddeford. They had a loop of two-foot gauge track and some display equipment.

Their Diesel was a Model DDT by Plymouth. The project closed about 2012 when the owner named Rogers passed away. Does anyone know the details of the locomotive, or what happened to it after the project closed down?

Ted Miles, WW&F Member 

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
Re: Biddeford station (defunct)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 01:45:31 PM »
Biddeford Station was actually supposed to be a satellite operation of Seashore Trolley, and eventually the terminus for the Trolley Museum.  The STM owns all the right of way between their current terminus and that location.  However, it would have required that STM buy another electrical sub station, which runs into millions.  So that plan died.

I believe all the track has been torn out. I don't know if the passenger equipment is still there, but we believe that the diesel still is, and is available (for a higher price than we're willing to pay, since I am sure someone will ask).

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Biddeford station (defunct)
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 06:01:19 PM »
Diesel has been sold, I think it went West a year or so ago..not sure exact destination but am thinking Washington State.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...