Author Topic: Ww&F on 207 1/2/18  (Read 3611 times)

Joe Fox

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
Ww&F on 207 1/2/18
« on: January 02, 2018, 07:46:36 PM »
Just heard from many friends that the picture in Downeast Magazine was featured on tonights 207. Did any of our locals see it? I unfortunately missed it.

Bill Reidy

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
  • Life member. Ack.
    • View Profile
What–me worry?

Stephen Hussar

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ww&F on 207 1/2/18
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 06:22:03 PM »
Listening to this guy describe the museum and Matthew's exquisite image...is painful. If they can't take a few minutes to read
about the evening's subject matter they should just stay home. Sad.

Stephen Piwowarski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 09:34:15 AM »
Yes, though I feel as though there may be a window of opportunity here though- to reach out and attempt to better educate/inform with the possibility of leading to a better relationship between the Museum and the magazine.

Kevin Madore

• Museum Member
  • Brakeman
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
    • My Flicker Albums
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 09:59:48 AM »
I am wondering what the gentleman meant when he said that Matthew's photo had a "little bit of touching up."  He says it in a way that almost implies that the rules of photography have been somewhow stretched.   I have news for him.  All photos taken under those conditions would require some editing to render the scene the way the human eye would see it.  In fact, even an I-Phone would do considerable, automated processing of the raw image that perhaps many users are not aware of.   I have a ton of photos from that day, and they all have the same sort of look that Matthew's image has.   In my view, one of the reasons why Matthew's image probably did stand out in the crowd of submissions they received is because he did edit the image as any pro would, and many of the others likely did not not.