Author Topic: AMTP in Pithiviers, France  (Read 84435 times)

Bob Holmes

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: AMTP in Pithiviers, France
« Reply #195 on: August 20, 2021, 07:53:52 PM »
We are wrestling with the same issues here in Maine, as the Delta variant surges.  It's going to effect the WW&F, but in ways not yet predictable.

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 22, 2021, 07:34:27 AM »
 I wonder when we will begin to see daylight. People would better got vaccinated  instead of being up in arms over the implementation of the compulsory sanitary pass.

Bill Baskerville

• Museum Member
  • Dispatcher
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 22, 2021, 10:44:31 AM »
Alain,
A picture of French people protesting the compulsory pass appeared on the front page of our newspaper this morning.
~ B2 ~ Wascally Wabbit & Gofer ~

Carl G. Soderstrom

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
  • Looking for 2' NG knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 16, 2021, 01:32:19 AM »
Alain

Check your SPAM file. I have sent you some PMs and have not heard from you.

Looked in our SPAM file and found dozen+ that should have gone through. With
no idea why they went to SPAM

Carl 

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 17, 2021, 01:47:19 AM »
NEWS FROM PITHIVIERS
Hello MTP operating season will end with the Halloween Specials. In September as every year the association shared in the European Heritage Festival. On that occasion every visitor has benefited from the reduce fares-8$- plus they were entitled to a conducted tour not only of the museum but of the engine house and shop. They also watched the locomotive being oriented for its next train on the turntable. Sunday a chartered historic train  brought along to the MTP 180 passengers from Orleans on the SNCF  standard gauge line that links the two towns. Over that sunny weekend 530 people altogether rode the only train on the line powered by # 9 that ran four round trips between Pithiviers and Bellébat the end station each day. Needless to say that the 6 cars- 4 enclosed cars and 2 opens-  that were in consist were mostly packed solid. Of course Sunday evening every volunteer was happy about that big time success. Since the late opening in May around 4300 people have rode the trains so hopefully if the turnout for Halloween's ad Santa's Specials is good the association might reach 5000 visitors within the year. Time will tell. Projects as regards the refurbishment of the rollingstock don't come along as fast as at WW&F and the to-do list is long but President Sebastien Delefortrie and his crew are confident about future. The financial siutation is still fine and 2022 will be an eventful year. I'll keep you posted

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 20, 2021, 09:03:17 AM »
AMTP'S DUES AND FARES
For the record membership dues are for "les membres actifs"  i e the volunteers 10.50 $ for the benefactors "les membres bienfaiteurs" 46.50 $ and for the young under 18  " les membres juniors" 12.6 $. No life member out here. There are only 100 members in the association but I don't know the allocation between the three categories. Actually a benefactor membership is as off 46.50$ and I know that quite a lot of them round off it as a way to donate. The total  amount of the dues was  4125$ in 2020. As a perk the ride on the train  is free of charge for  every member  plus they get an annual newsletter.
As regards the fares that include a round trip to Bllébat and the visit of the museum full fare ticket costs 10.50$ ,reduced fare tickets for children from 4 to 12, 8.15$ no fare under 4 of course. There are special fares for those that travel in groups. Those fares are the same even in case of big events with very few exceptions and for the European Heritage Weekend every riders pays the reduced fare. In 2020 the income from the sell of  tickets was 40970$.