Author Topic: About the WW&F Railway Museum  (Read 3238 times)

Ed Lecuyer

  • Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,591
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
About the WW&F Railway Museum
« on: December 18, 2008, 10:44:44 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
About the WW&F Railway Museum has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

James Patten wrote:
Quote
Welcome to the discussion forum for the Wiscasset, Waterville & Farmington (WW&F) Railway Museum.  The Museum is recreating the two-foot gauge WW&F Railway, which ran over 40 miles from Wiscasset, Maine, to Albion, Maine, from 1894 to 1933.  The line was scrapped in 1937.

The railroad was reborn by the actions of one Harry Percival in the late 1980's.  The Museum was formed in 1989, on the site of the Sheepscot Station in Alna, Maine, about 5 miles north of Wiscasset.  We are located on the Cross Road in Alna, just off Rt 218.

The Museum has an active steam program operating over 1.6 miles of railroad between the Sheepscot and Alna Center flag stops.

For more information on the railroad museum, visit our website at http://www.wwfry.org.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Matthew Gustafson

  • Engineer
  • ****
  • Posts: 549
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaj5Rrtw948oLXGLaqgUmDA
Re: About the WW&F Railway Museum
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 04:13:42 PM »
Was that the very first post on the old form? ??? :)
Steam Department Volunteer at the Illinois Railway Museum.