Author Topic: Maine Two-Foot Winter Weekend -->Photo Album  (Read 3805 times)

Kevin Madore

• Museum Member
  • Brakeman
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
    • My Flicker Albums
Maine Two-Foot Winter Weekend -->Photo Album
« on: January 30, 2017, 09:18:10 PM »
Folks,

I've made my first pass through the some 1,700 frames that I shot at last weekend's two-foot winter photo event at the WW&F.    From my perspective, the event ran very smoothly and certainly offered a lot of interesting opportunities for photos.    I especially enjoyed the variety of equipment and some of the new angles that were available.    Although I think we all would have preferred more sunshine, sometimes the clouds allow perspectives that just don't work when the sun is out.  That's especially true of railroads here in the northeast.  After a lot of editing and tweaking, I've settled on about 50 images that I think tell the story of the event pretty nicely.   Take a look if you have a moment.   I hope you like them.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/112261457@N06/albums/72157676151135193

Thanks!

/Kevin Madore     

Bernie Perch

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
Re: Maine Two-Foot Winter Weekend -->Photo Album
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 09:28:17 PM »
Kevin,

Your photos totally enthrall me.  Keep up the good work.

Bernie

Joe Fox

• Museum Member
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 11:04:05 PM »
Kevin,

Glad to hear you had a great time. Your photos are absolutely spectacular. My favorites are of the Monson Freight, the two trains meeting at Alna Center, although my favorite in that sequence is the one of the Monson crew watching the other train continue North. Wish I had remembered my pocket watch, but maybe next time.

Then the next ones are the sunlit shots at Cockeyed, the night shots, and of course the two engine trains and switching shot look great as well.

From an operating stand point I think we are all very pleased with both weekends, how well every thing worked, etc. Who knows what the future will bring, and as always, we like to continue to add a variety of something new to each of our events, so as to offer a little something different each time.

Sincerely,
Joe Fox

john d Stone

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 11:36:06 AM »
Great stuff! You've really captured the two foot essence in it's natural environment! #9 and #3, though nearly identical in size, certainly are different beasts.
Thanks Kevin! 

John