Author Topic: Mapping the W&Q and the WW&F  (Read 49487 times)

Paul Levesque

• Flagman
  • Too many interests too little time.
    • View Profile
    • My FB Page (this is it for now)
Re: Mapping the W&Q and the WW&F
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2019, 11:38:01 AM »
I have no problem sharing with the museum, anything that can enhance or contribute to the goals is the aim here!

The problem is I am a little obsessive about being thorough and as complete as possible with all the information. That being said it is incredibly close to being done.

For the property ownership they really provide the starting point, the work flow I use when digitizing these is to use the owner on record as the last known owner and then go to the registry of deeds to see if the property is still under their ownership and if the parcel has been split off at all. The registries are incredibly accurate due to being THE repository of legal ownership and transfer documents and they are updated daily.
P. Levesque
Fairfield, ME

Jason M Lamontagne

• Operating Volunteers
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
Re: Mapping the W&Q and the WW&F
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2019, 01:00:08 PM »
Paul, in your research, have you come to understand this supposed long Sandy River siding running south of Farmington yard?  Supposedly on a trestle to serve a short lived saw mill...  As I understood it, it was into this track that the FS&K cut a switch into.  I’d like to understand where that Mill was.  It seems that siding should have been quite a boon to the FS&K, save for the Maine Central’s objection. 

See ya
Jason