Author Topic: Membership Update  (Read 32742 times)

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: Membership Update
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2019, 10:55:53 AM »
Thank you Bill I wish I weren't the only one. I can't wait for reading Wayne Article;

Roger Cole

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2019, 02:40:39 PM »
Just received my membership card today.   I've been a lurker here for several years and thought I'd make it official.  Unfortunately, my health precludes me from making the trip to the WW&F in person.  With all the excellent work coverage and photos I feel like I've already been there.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 03:11:51 PM by Roger Cole »

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2019, 06:57:57 PM »
Welcome Roger. Your requested Newsletter is in the hands of the USPS. Sent this morning. Back issues of the newsletter can also be found on this forum. If you have trouble viewing them, connect with Ed and he can set you straight.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2019, 07:24:10 PM »
@Roger -
You are now flagged with Museum Membership in this Discussion Forum. You should now see the Members-Only sections, including Newsletters and BOD meeting minutes. If you don't see them on the main Forum page, log out and log back in again.

@Everyone else -
If you are a museum member and do not have access to these sections, please let me know.
If you are reading this and you are not museum member, be like Roger and JOIN! Be a part of "our" railroad - even if you may never get a chance to visit!
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Roger Cole

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2019, 10:02:06 AM »
Yup, I now see the "Members Only" section.  Thanks for letting me in on the secret handshake.

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2021, 06:41:31 AM »
It has been a couple years, so I thought I would post an update. Since last reported, we now have over 1200 active members. There has been an uptick in Life Membership, and I would say 2/3 of the Life Memberships purchased lately are new members.

This time of year, I am putting about 8 hours a week (plus working my full time 55 hr a week job) on membership duties due to the Fund Drive. The rest of the year I average 4 hrs a week.

Speaking of the Fund Drive, it is progressing very well, but I will leave the details to the newsletter. If you have donated, thank you. If you haven't, please consider doing so.

And lastly, if you are reading this and you are not a member, consider joining.
Mike

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2021, 07:45:32 PM »
September through December are usually busy in the Membership Office. January has the highest number of expiring annual members (Christmas presents?), so the renewal notices go out in December, on the 15th. 58 of them.. All stuffed and ready to mail takes a touch over a minute each. Fortunately, the rest of the year is not so heavy.

As of the end of November, we have 489 Annual Members, 759 Life Members and 28 Charter Members left (from the original 51) making the total active members at 1276. We had a large gain back in October in Life Membership when a Grandfather purchased his grand children Life Memberships. All 8 of them.
Mike

Jason M Lamontagne

• Operating Volunteers
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2021, 07:54:45 PM »
Like!

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2021, 08:35:12 AM »
 The number of members is always mind blowing. Hardly one hundred at AMTP. It's not new, paperwork is essential to the good running of a  non- for- profit organization but it tends to be increasingly time consuming. Unfortunately paperwork belongs to the backstage activities and  public at large is unaware of all it demands from the volunteers because it's almost impossible to show that kind of often tedious work on social medias hence doing paperwork is generally regarded as less rewarding than the other tasks. Those who are stuck with that mostly dull  task are all the more deserving since paperwork is almost always an additional  activy to their other positions in the association and when you are  a bit tired of doing it, it's often hard to find somebody to take over from you.

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2021, 06:15:27 PM »
We are truly a membership driven organization. Without them, we would not be anywhere near what we are today.
Mike

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2021, 12:56:32 PM »
How true, but you guys do what it needs to attrack new members whose most of them are so carried away that they join the organization  as lifemembers at once.

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2022, 08:31:49 AM »
It has taken 8 months, but we now have over 1300 active members. 1303 I think, if I have my figures in my head added correctly. This is a slow but steady gain, offsetting the ones that have passed away or simply not renewed. One area we have really gained in is friends. We have folks that see the Build 11 Campaign or stop for a ride and feel compelled to donate. So they become friends. These are the best friends to have..and some go on to become members.

Mike

Bill Reidy

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
  • Life member. Ack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2022, 10:09:25 AM »
That's great news, Mike.  When we talked on Saturday, you mentioned we had 1298 members.  Glad we are over the top.
What–me worry?