Author Topic: Ex-Edaville 554 Caboose Discussion  (Read 21533 times)

Mike Arnold

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
    • Twin Forks NRHS
Re: Ex-Edaville 554 Caboose Discussion
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2016, 10:15:57 AM »
When I worked for F Nelson Blounts brother for the short time I never asked about his brother. He passed six months after I started there. But both Blount families are connected to  Edaville. Great stories I heard about the good old days at Edaville. It is just something that is missing in preservation is all I was stating and if the hack is ever acquired by the museum it would nice to see her preserved lettered Edaville.
Mike
United States Merchant Marine.
Cadet at NY Maritime College

Ted Miles

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2016, 07:43:08 PM »
A tourist railroad is created by someone to make money; Ellis Atwood and his successors are lucky that it did make money and allow it to build a number of cars for the line.

However it does not have the same historic value as a historic common carrier railroad. If any more Edaville cars are dropped from Maine Narrow Gauge Museum; then you may have a real railroad antique like the B&SR # 67. 

Ted Miles, WW&F Member

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2016, 08:05:13 PM »
Ted,
While talking with some of our guests, they can not believe how "new" some of our cars are. Coach 8, for example, is only about 30 years old, but the folks at Edaville did an excellent job building it (twice) and looks like it is out of the 1900's. Our caboose, 320, was built in the mid 90's. Again, the attention to detail (and using original blue prints) also made this car appear like it was from the 1900's. People enjoy seeing these as much as we do.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...