Author Topic: Field Trip  (Read 35034 times)

Duncan Mackiewicz

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
Re: Field Trip
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 08:10:53 PM »
Will the hike still take place with rain?  I'd hate to make the trip and find it was cancelled due to rain.  I suspect if we can lay track in the rain we should be able to hike the B&SR ROW in the rain.

"Bridgton Bill" Shelley

• Gandy Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 12:39:45 AM »
To all that are coming to Bridgton on Sunday at 9am to meet Mike Fox, I would be more than happy to meet you there with t-shirts and a set of track diagrams if that would be of any help. Let me know if there is anything else you may need. Bill Shelley  Return of The Rails

Dana Deering

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 05:16:16 AM »
That would be great, Bill.  Thanks!

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 03:18:59 PM »
Yes, that will be great. And track maps always help.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 03:26:46 PM by Mike Fox »
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 03:26:17 PM »
Duncan, Unless there is an absolute downpour, I think we should keep the trip as scheduled. You and Bill Sample are coming quite a distance and I am hoping for good weather, but one never knows.
Mike
Mike

Duncan Mackiewicz

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 08:48:03 PM »
Mike,
It would be nice to be able to investigate the ROW without hard rain but the forecast does suggest "rain" rather than showers.  I will come prepared for either.  If there is a cancellation please do so Friday night early so those of us who are traveling a distance will have an opportunity to scan this forum before we call it a night.
Duncan

Dana Deering

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 05:21:58 AM »
I think we're going to salvage most of the day weather-wise, according to the latest forecast.  Some showers in the morning and then sun by noon.  I'd say we're on.  I'm coming with my rain gear, regardless.

Duncan Mackiewicz

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 05:37:13 AM »
Looks like somebody (me) is having a senior moment.  I wrote Friday night while thinking Saturday night. Oops.  I'm with Dana regardless: rain gear on board for the trip.  Actually, the latest weather here in western Mass is calling for the wet weather to abate at daybreak Sunday.  It would be nice if that happened in Bridgton also.
Duncan

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 06:32:22 PM »
My rain gear has been packed since before track laying. I'll keep it with me to keep the rain away.
Mike

Duncan Mackiewicz

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2008, 10:26:15 AM »
Since I was not able to make previous ROW visits I was wondering how lunch is handled.  Skip lunch? Bring lunch? Pick up lunch?  I'm pretty sure the WW&F lunch crew won't be attending.
Duncan

Dave Buczkowski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 12:59:57 PM »
Duncan;
   Always about the lunch! No wonder you're always first in line! And they give me grief! Just make a kielbasa sandwich with some sauerkraut.
Dave

"Bridgton Bill" Shelley

• Gandy Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 04:42:40 PM »
Guys  I have 10% off tickets for Beef & Ski diner right down the road from the Chamber. It's the offical resturant for the Return of the Rails crew. What till you see the tickets. See ya all on Sunday. Bill Shelley

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2008, 06:36:20 PM »
Duncan,
  Past trips has been pack your own. But if we have some that want to take time to eat, go for it. We can always find time for food.
Mike

Duncan Mackiewicz

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2008, 07:10:57 PM »
Sheese! You guys are tough.  Especially my buddy Dave.  Kielbasa and saurkraut sandwich?  Whew. Okay, I got it.  Just wondering.  I didn't get this svelte shape from skipping lunch.  LOL  See you all on Sunday. 

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2008, 06:12:17 PM »
Today was a sucess. I will leave the summary and comments to others but I would like to say Thanks to all that attended and Especially to Bill Shelley. Loaning the Maps helped a lot today. I was glad to hear your plans for the future of "The Bridgton". I am willing to help in any way I can.
     I hope everyone else enjoyed themselves and we will have to continue our adventures in the future.

Mike