Author Topic: Magazine Article About #9  (Read 3603 times)

Skip Breyfogle

• Museum Member
  • Flagman
    • View Profile
Magazine Article About #9
« on: November 22, 2014, 09:00:35 AM »
In yesterday's mail I received the Nov/Dec issue of 'Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette'. In this issue one of the regular contributors, Mallory Hope Ferrell, begins a new series of articles about "A Well-traveled Forney" and as I read the article I realized this Forney is non other than our #9.  Just wondering if anyone at the Museum knew he was doing these articles?

SB

Bernie Perch

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
Re: Magazine Article About #9
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 05:27:49 PM »
Yes,

About two or three times a year Mal and I talk on the phone and I have a rough idea of what will be in the restoration part.  Whether or not that it has passed into history, Mal paid for #10's current Vulcan nose plate and I did the pattern work and polishing.

Bernie

Jock Ellis

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 09:29:28 PM »
He ought to do a piece on you, Bernie.
Jock Ellis

Bernie Perch

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 09:48:13 PM »
Jock, thanx for the compliment but there are more notable people who lurk in this forum and do so much at the WW&F that deserve an article on them more than  do I.  I am a general jack-of-all-trades with too many irons in the fire and wish I could concentrate on just one.  Right now I am painting MINERSVILLE platform signs which will hopefully be done for our Santa Train Trips this Saturday.  Hopefully I will get Hansel's whistle bell on 113. I am also doing a lot of the behind the scenes work, mostly on the computer and phone for these trips.  After that, two foundry patterns for 113.  Hopefully I can get back to the #11 project after that.

Bernie