Author Topic: Finding the WW&F on Facebook  (Read 346052 times)

Dave Buczkowski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
Re: Finding the WW&F on Facebook
« Reply #540 on: August 26, 2019, 08:50:44 AM »
I hear many complements on the FB page. The key is frequent updates which Stewart and Cindy do. And they are relevant. FB is a thankless master and our FB Team does an excellent job as the numbers prove.
Dave

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 26, 2019, 05:00:00 PM »
Congratulations Stewart and Cindy  for the amazing  job you have been doing on fb since 2013.  No wonder WW&F fb has so many followers with all the neat  photos and newsy captions you post every week. They allow the WW&F  friends  and visitors to follow the hectic life of the association and the work of its commited volunteers on a day to day basis  .For the far away members like me the WW&F fb perfectly completes and illustrates this discussion forum. It's all due to WW&F fb that I discovered that endearing two-footer and its commited volunteers. And it's all due to the fb team  kind replies  to my numerous questions about the WW&F Ry Museum on fb messenger in October 2017 that I decided on being a member. Thank you so much you both and keep it up.

Bob Holmes

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 26, 2019, 06:45:21 PM »
I agree.  Start and Cindy do a really creative job on FB, which for the most part is NOT a creative medium.  While most post ego-centric and boring pictures of their kids and their vacations, S&C continue to tell our story in a fascinating way.  No wonder the followers have grown so much...

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #543 on: October 10, 2019, 12:25:30 PM »
8,000!

Yes, we just got our 8,000th "Like" on Facebook. Well done to Cindy, Stewart, and the rest of Team Facebook!

This is already a great start to what will be a historic Fall Work Weekend.

Congratulations all.

Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 10, 2019, 01:01:04 PM »
Congrats again ! You both are a wonderful team .Those figures make me dream  AMTP fb only 1664 Likes and 1735 followers since 2015.

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 28, 2019, 07:01:35 AM »
The WW&F Facebook page celebrated it's 10th birthday this week by reaching 8,590 followers.

Thanks to everyone who promotes the museum. The goal has always been: (1) Get people interested in what we are doing. (2) Invite them to visit the railroad. (3) Provide a good meaningful experience with tours, train rides and visiting the gift shop.  (4) Speak with them about becoming members.   

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 28, 2019, 07:42:54 AM »
Thank you to the Facebook team. Hard to believe it has been 10 years already.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 12, 2020, 09:33:33 AM »
The level of interest in the upcoming Grand Reunion has been impressive. The WW&F, MNG and ML&MW bringing all 5 original Maine Two-Foot gauge locomotives together for the first time has been noticed by narrow gauge fans and historians across the US and around the world.  A good example is the response to the news post about B&SR #7 arriving at Sheepscot last week.  As of this morning the post has been viewed by over 24,500 people.     

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 12, 2020, 11:57:35 AM »
 fb is an amazing media system to publicize everything when you know how to use it  and the WW&F fb team definetly knows . Well done and thank you so much to keep the world posted of what's up on the narrow gauge through your nice and numerous pics and comprehensive blurbs and captions. I do know it's a rather demanding work  but very rewarding.

Al Michelis

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 12, 2020, 05:58:41 PM »
Another thing that they do, which I very much appreciate, is caption each image.  The lack of captions is prevalent on FB, and very annoying.  A picture is worth a thousand words only if you know what the picture is about.

Wayne Laepple

• Museum Member
  • Yardmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 21, 2020, 08:43:29 PM »
Major, major kudoes and props to Stewart "Start" Rhine for his outstanding coverage of the weekend's Grand Reunion on Facebook. Several of his posts received over 500 likes, and who knows how many views. Our Facebook presence is the envy of many other museums and it's all thanks to Stewart and Cindy. Well done!

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 22, 2020, 10:12:42 AM »
 I second Wayne. I wish the AMTP fb would be as popular.

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #552 on: January 22, 2020, 09:45:30 PM »
10,000 Followers

Wow. Just Wow.
In just a few years, we have gone from having minor Facebook mention, to having 10,000 people see each of our posts in their daily news feed.

This is one of the reasons we had record ridership in 2019, and have nearly sold out all 225 seats on our "Steam and Sleighs" trains for this Saturday.

Well done team Facebook - led by Stewart and Cindy.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Dave Buczkowski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 22, 2020, 10:10:06 PM »
Way to go Stewart and Cindy! We reached 10,000 followers because you keep it fresh and relevant. Updating the site as often as you do is not easy. Like rust, you never sleep. We owe you a lot for attracting so many followers. Now, on to 20,000!
Dave

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 23, 2020, 01:08:04 PM »
I've already said it it's all due to Cindy and Stewart that I joined the association. The WW&F fb is like a magnet once you log on to it you are hooked up. It's a   demanding backstage activity but the fast growing follower number is definetly very rewarding for them both.