Author Topic: Finding the WW&F on Facebook  (Read 346007 times)

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
Re: Finding the WW&F on Facebook
« Reply #195 on: March 10, 2016, 10:54:02 AM »
Today's post features updates on a number of projects including the turntable, car barn and unusual views of the tool house.

Fred L. Kuhns

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 12, 2016, 12:27:10 PM »
 Stewart, The tool house new shingles will make the whole area look first class. The BOD will find the funds because the crew that worked on the Whitefield section house can't wait to get started. The new shingles will mirror the beauty of the Whitefield section house. Thanks for the up dates on Facebook. 

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 12, 2016, 03:36:39 PM »
Thanks Fred.

As we stated on fb, there is a plan to reshingle the sides of the tool house but we don't know when the project will be done since (as usual) there are many projects in the works such as boxcar 67 and the pending extension of the mainline north of TOM.  Thanks for watching our fb page and we hope you continue to enjoy it.

Stewart

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 17, 2016, 11:19:06 AM »
Today's post shows progress with the boxcar #67 project.  Photos show new lumber, wheel and truck work plus a view of #67 in Bridgton in 1930.

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 20, 2016, 03:59:30 PM »
The latest "Backward Glance" photo has been posted, it's SRRR #5 around 1900 with straight lettering on the tender which is the livery the engine had until the 1908 consolidation of the Franklin County pikes into the SR&RL.  The Sunday afternoon historic posts have done well, with some of the images getting over 7,000 views.  They, along with the Thursday news posts have gotten over 3,000 people to follow our page.  Nice milepost.

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 24, 2016, 05:46:32 PM »
Tonight's broadcast introduces the "21 Campaign" to raise funds to build new boilers for #10 and then #11.  Shown are photos and plans of the old and new boilers.  Upgrades and changes are seen in the comparison of types. At the end is a surprise ... photo of an extra that ran yesterday.

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 24, 2016, 06:55:46 PM »
I really found that post confusing, and lacking explanation. Is there a way to post the whole announcement on Facebook?
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2016, 07:57:11 PM »
Tonight was the news post that #10 needs a new boiler with reference to #11 in the future.  We did not ask for $$ tonight because a special  fund drive post with a link to the donation site will be put up next week.

Later edit: We added a line explaining that a link to a fund drive site will go up next week.  The site is not ready but should be all set sometime next week.  We will let everyone know and post a link on here as well.  Tomorrow's photo excursion guests will receive a "21 Campaign" packet explaining the situation with #10 and plans for #11.  Also, a 21 Campaign display panel was set up with #10's frame so visitors can see the new boiler plans and changes to the locomotive.   
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 08:51:43 PM by Stewart "Start" Rhine »

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2016, 08:18:48 AM »
Thank you Start
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 27, 2016, 03:30:18 PM »
A Special Report on the photo charter went up today. Most of the shots were taken by the crew when they had a minute to spare.

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 31, 2016, 08:30:23 PM »
Tonight's fb post is another nice old photo of our #9 when she was Sandy River #5.  The image shows #5 on a work train with flatcar loads of gravel.  It may be the earliest photo of the 5 in company service, circa 1898.

Carl G. Soderstrom

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
  • Looking for 2' NG knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 01, 2016, 12:55:28 AM »
Had trouble with fb - wanted me to sign up or log on - hitting ESC would not remove it.
Started with half page would scroll higher and lower then covered whole page.
Can that be fixed?

Thanks Jonathan
Hitting the very light X made it cover only half the page and did not move as I was scrolling.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 11:42:57 PM by Carl Soderstrom »

Jeff Schumaker

• Museum Member
  • Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 03, 2016, 04:41:13 PM »
Had trouble with fb - wanted me to sign up or log on - hitting ESC would not remove it.
Started with half page would scroll higher and lower then covered whole page.
Can that be fixed?

Thanks Jonathan
Hitting the very light X made it cover only half the page and did not move as I was scrolling.

I noticed the same thing today. I suspect it's FB's doing. I did notice that the "white space" went away if you clicked on the series of photos.

Jeff S.
Hey Rocky, watch me pull a moose trout out of my hat.

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 04, 2016, 06:34:58 AM »
There have been a few issues with fb that we've been working on.  There are over 3,100 people subscribed to our page so new posts can get a little slow for loading depending on your isp.  Two new posts went up last night, the announcement for the Spring Work Weekend and the latest Backward Glance.  They were posted within seconds of each other (not planned that way) but there should be no problem viewing either/both posts.

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 07, 2016, 10:52:32 AM »
Check our fb page today for updates on a number of projects plus a look at a very nice donation from one of our favorite volunteers.