Author Topic: The Museum Webmaster Needs Your Help!  (Read 3121 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
The Museum Webmaster Needs Your Help!
« on: December 13, 2008, 01:16:16 AM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
The Museum Webmaster Needs Your Help! has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

James Patten wrote:
One of the things I started to do on the Museum website, but never finished, is a map with points of interest of places along the original railroad.  These points of interest sites would have "then" pictures and "now" pictures to compare and contrast what the area looked like while the railroad was running, and now 70+ years later.  Pictures during the interim would be nice-to-haves, but not absolutely required.

So this is a call for help.  Anyone that has pictures of any old station, bridge, cut, curve, outbuilding, or wreck location as it was then or is now is welcome to send pictures to me.  Descriptive words so that I don't have to think much would be of great help.  Even better would be to put them on a website somewhere and send me the link so that I can download them at my leisure, but if you cannot do that, please send them to me via email, not to my regular address, but to mailto:jcpatten@gmail_nospam_.com  (you should remove the "_nospam_" from the email, which I included so that spammer sites will get a false address).

Bill Reidy replied:
Hi James,

Unfortunately I don't have any historic photos, but if someone else can provide the images, I could build some of the web pages if that is a help.

Bill

James Patten replied:
Bill, I'd be happy to split up some of the load if you're willing.

Bill Reidy replied:
I'm willing!
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum